Unable to run Spotify on Apple Mac OS 10.9

why dont you use Ubuntu ..why fedora? RHEL is paid no?
Fedora is the development version of RHEL. It will always be free. I have been using it since 2003. Fedora, Archlinux and Tumbleweed are always ahead of Ubuntu and Debian. What comes on Fedora, Archlinux and Tumbleweed today comes to ubuntu a year later or even later. That's the main reason I use Fedora. Fedora has a release every 6 months. Archlinux and Tumbleweed are rolling releases. The other reason I use fedora is because the package managment uses RPM. Ubuntu use s debian packages which I basically is a collection of hack jobs using shell scripts. It doesn't allow fine grained permission for individual files inside a debian package. Creating a debian package involves creating multiple files. To create a RPM package on just needs to create one file with .spec extension. I do create packages for all linux distributions for my products and I cannot tell how much PITA it is to create a new debian package without making mistakes.

BTW Linux Torvald also uses Fedora on a macbook

Fedora is the development version of RHEL. It will always be free. I have been using it since 2003. Fedora, Archlinux and Tumbleweed are always ahead of Ubuntu and Debian. What comes on Fedora, Archlinux and Tumbleweed today comes to ubuntu a year later or even later. That's the main reason I use Fedora. Fedora has a release every 6 months. Archlinux and Tumbleweed are rolling releases. The other reason I use fedora is because the package managment uses RPM. Ubuntu use s debian packages which I basically is a collection of hack jobs using shell scripts. It doesn't allow fine grained permission for individual files inside a debian package. Creating a debian package involves creating multiple files. To create a RPM package on just needs to create one file with .spec extension. I do create packages for all linux distributions for my products and I cannot tell how much PITA it is to create a new debian package without making mistakes.

BTW Linux Torvald also uses Fedora on a macbook
in other news my macbook Pro 2010 has been rid of its swollen lithium ion battery. Its been attached via adapter to a UPS and is running okay..like a raspberry Pi which doesn't have an internal battery.

1.But I wish spotify would run on startup in its internal Ubuntu...how to do that?
2. any way to alternate spotify and MPD + Roon or Moode audio on Ubuntu?

I wanted to use spotify OR MPD (seamlessly switching between each other) via some Roon like sexy UI waala app / hosted UI?

in other news my macbook Pro 2010 has been rid of its swollen lithium ion battery. Its been attached via adapter to a UPS and is running okay..like a raspberry Pi which doesn't have an internal battery.

1.But I wish spotify would run on startup in its internal Ubuntu...how to do that?
I don't know about ubuntu, but on fedora one can use gnome-tweaks. Example. I have skype in my startup.

1691081047545.png

Another method is to create a desktop file in $HOME/.config/autostart. e.g. my username is mbhangui. So $HOME is /home/mbhangui.
The executable for skype is skypeforlinux. So I have created an appropriate desktop file to have skype started on boot.
1691081526347.png

2. any way to alternate spotify and MPD + Roon or Moode audio on Ubuntu?

I wanted to use spotify OR MPD (seamlessly switching between each other) via some Roon like sexy UI waala app / hosted UI?

apt-get install cantata

Whats your comments and feedback on use of [ Plex media server + spotify ] vs. [ MPD/Cantata+Spotify] on this Ubuntu Media server Macbook Pro, please?
Not into movies, so don't use plex. So can't comment on that. My Son has it on his ubuntu pc. From whatever I have seen him installing it, it is a bloated and heavy and I wouldn't go near it inspite of its good looking UI.

Cantata is fantastic. I listen to all my music usinng cantata. Very small, very efficient and hardly consumes CPU. Spotify is a web application. It is same on all platforms and I prefer it to apple music because of the remote feature and it works on every platform on earth unlike apple music.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back