Unbelievable Offer

Any updates on the VV & Sons clearance sale ???? waiting for the details :D

denom,

just now posted a response for cooltoad that i will check tomorrow; unfortunately my work week has been hectic and tomorrow is a weekend:)

Any updates on the VV & Sons clearance sale ???? waiting for the details :D

Hi Kinge!

Thanks for the reply, sorry did not read your earlier post.... will await your detailed post on the stuff available & their prices when you go tomorrow!
Thanks! :)

Thanks thekinge, have asked my brother also to check out although he doesnt' know much about buying such stuff. BTW, thekinge, is the Marantz 7001 you refer to is SA7001 or SA7001 KI .
Dear Members, any idea about how good it is and if it is worth 6k for a demo piece. I am also inclined to look at Marantz CD5003(9k i think).Somehow getting a cdp or dac has remained elusive despite some good advice i got from this forum.

cooltoad,

Work had kept me busy this week and was unable to go to the warehouse. Tomorrow is weekend and will find out the prices tomorrow and let you know.

-thekinge

cooltoad,

Marantz CD5003 (new) - AED 850
Marantz CD6003 (new) - AED 1490

Marantz dealer here does not offer international warranty.

I will find out the prices of cambridge cd player and let you know.

-thekinge

Thekinge, waiting for your update on the good offers.

Thanks thekinge, since there is no warranty, might as well consider demo pieces. could you pl also let me know the models and price of good demo pieces at vv& sons.

cooltoad,

Marantz CD5003 (new) - AED 850
Marantz CD6003 (new) - AED 1490

Marantz dealer here does not offer international warranty.

I will find out the prices of cambridge cd player and let you know.

-thekinge

cooltoad, all,

I have posted a list of offers in Dubai under "Hot Deals" section. For some reason, the post is not showing up in hifivision home page as a new post though::confused:

Thank you so much for the hospitality, Thekinge.

Let me see what CD Player to pick up. Not very keen on Marantz. I am looking more towards the CA 650C as it has been chosen by Stereophile as the best budget player. It has some superb specs. But I have to audition it before I buy it.

In any case I will do some research over the next week or so and short list a few models.

Cheers

Venkat, I inquired about CA 650C / 550C with Audio Visual Lifestyle, the local dealer in Dubai for CA products. The prices for 650C is 2299 AED & 550C is 1899 AED; my gut feeling is that there may be some room for negotiation. However, they don't have either of the receivers in stock and are expected to have them in stores by first week of June.

I dont accept all the items are cheaper except few items like av receiver....Could see lot of price difference from india..

I think they are also feeling the global recession and not much interested in slashing the price as earlier..... 2 years ago when i went there, i could see lot of deals, now nothing attractive..

Simply i can tell, food items are costlier, transportation is costlier, cameras are costly, TV's are costlier( few models) and most of the models which are cheaper are not worth buying due to weight and transportation risk.

Few are listed below.

Camera : canon EOS-500d with 18-55mm lens kit - $1275- in SG / In India it cost Rs.34,990( ebay)

Canon 1000D- $858 in SG- In India Rs.22,990(Ebay)
Canon 550D with 18-55mm lens kit- 1429$ in SG - In India Rs.42,900(ebay)

Basicaly all middle end cameras were atleast Rs.5000 costlier in SG. Only power shot is cheaper

TVs'- Only few models are cheaper not all. Not worth buying from SG, if at all you are having more luggage space.

Blu ray players- It is very pity it is more costlier than USA( not comparing india)- Pano DMP-60 costing Rs.9xxx, SonyBDP-360 - Rs.9xxx-- Buying from USA and ship thru borderlinx/vpost is cheaper...

Ah, forgot to add, I forgot to take my mini usb wire which is useful for me to transfer the photos to my laptop from my camera, i went to purchase one and found it is costing $7 which is costing in chennai Rs.25.... Card reader costing $14 which is Rs.125 in chennai...

Last i thought i will buy some BD's,,,, avatar cost $44 and in india it is Rs.1299.... what is a difference... earlier singapore was gone and now everything is costlier.

Regards

hi......guys

i feel Singapore electronics are much cheaper than Dubai.you can pick up a good cd player for as low as 7.5k.good amplifier for 19k.i was in singapore for couple of weeks did lot of research for electronics business.price wise i definitely find Singapore cheaper........my views as business man:)

I dont accept all the items are cheaper except few items like av receiver....Could see lot of price difference from india..

I think they are also feeling the global recession and not much interested in slashing the price as earlier..... 2 years ago when i went there, i could see lot of deals, now nothing attractive..

Simply i can tell, food items are costlier, transportation is costlier, cameras are costly, TV's are costlier( few models) and most of the models which are cheaper are not worth buying due to weight and transportation risk.

Few are listed below.

Camera : canon EOS-500d with 18-55mm lens kit - $1275- in SG / In India it cost Rs.34,990( ebay)

Canon 1000D- $858 in SG- In India Rs.22,990(Ebay)
Canon 550D with 18-55mm lens kit- 1429$ in SG - In India Rs.42,900(ebay)

Basicaly all middle end cameras were atleast Rs.5000 costlier in SG. Only power shot is cheaper

TVs'- Only few models are cheaper not all. Not worth buying from SG, if at all you are having more luggage space.

Blu ray players- It is very pity it is more costlier than USA( not comparing india)- Pano DMP-60 costing Rs.9xxx, SonyBDP-360 - Rs.9xxx-- Buying from USA and ship thru borderlinx/vpost is cheaper...

Ah, forgot to add, I forgot to take my mini usb wire which is useful for me to transfer the photos to my laptop from my camera, i went to purchase one and found it is costing $7 which is costing in chennai Rs.25.... Card reader costing $14 which is Rs.125 in chennai...

Last i thought i will buy some BD's,,,, avatar cost $44 and in india it is Rs.1299.... what is a difference... earlier singapore was gone and now everything is costlier.

Regards

I inquired the price of Onkyo TX-SR876 in Singapore and it is 2699 SGD / 7050 AED / 85K INR. I think it is the same price as India. At present it is selling for 2799 AED / 34K INR in Dubai

Yes, I agree few exceptions are there... could see denon/marantz are selling equivalent or less than US Price...

dont know how this massive price difference is there for onkyo(particlular model)anybody digged the reason????

I inquired the price of Onkyo TX-SR876 in Singapore and it is 2699 SGD / 7050 AED / 85K INR. I think it is the same price as India. At present it is selling for 2799 AED / 34K INR in Dubai

Hi,
Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes, i was shocked to see this price, i checked the prices in sim lim square / little india shops- mustafa / niranjan(one of the worst shops- which local indian community telling great about it)

Called couple of local shops which i collected while in india thru net... Not much of encouraging quote from them.

Yes i understand what you are telling is right, we should stay for more day and do a good reserch and bargain...

However my point is earlier the price listed itself in the retail shop is an guideline for us to bargain outside to some extent, but this time i could find the retail price/discounted price is too higher than indian price except few items as mentioned by me...

May be i missed you while in SG, Venkatesh is telling about your posting while i called him from SG.

Any way better luck for me next time, since i am applying for multiple entry visa this month end to make some more frequent trips to SG...

dear srinisundar.....................seems like you were shocked looking at sg prices.you are quite right because you were looking at retail pricing.you need to get the products not meant for retail but from export market in sg.i still get my stuff from sg @ half the price in India.it again depends on what products you are getting.i just got myself a LED 3D tv for a price which is unimaginable in India.Dear friend in 1 wk you traveled to kl/lkw/sg as a tourist, travel for business and you will know the difference..............if there was no price difference then i think Burma bazaar would not exist.

FYI did u check the prices of blue ray players, i picked up a jvc for 149sgd i bet you cant get it for that price even in USA.all my audio accessories i pick up in sg are at least 60% expensive in India.i picked up a think-pad x series for about 2300sgd and saved at least a lac of rupees.if at all you want to know the difference, travel with me and i will show where the difference is............please let me know the places where you visited and enquired for pricing......i can suggest you places were to hunt for things and you will belive sg..............have a good day........:)

if at all you want to know the difference, travel with me and i will show where the difference is............please let me know the places where you visited and enquired for pricing......i can suggest you places were to hunt for things and you will belive sg..............have a good day........:)

Hi reddymail,

Why don't you provide a list of such shops / contact details here in the forum for the benefit of all of us in hifivision?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back