Unic UC40 Ultra Cheap Projector

I searched on many on-line websites, showing UC-40 projectors at widely variable prices as well as types of models with different specifications. It is very confusing to decide , which one is genuine.

It will be better to see original manufacturer's website and decide. Till then let us wait and watch the war of sellers !!

I searched on many on-line websites, showing UC-40 projectors at widely variable prices as well as types of models with different specifications. It is very confusing to decide , which one is genuine.

It will be better to see original manufacturer's website and decide. Till then let us wait and watch the war of sellers !!

I picked mine from Flipkart, seller ws retailer or something. I cannot imagine how its duplicate would be like. However, on one of the forums i read that fake ones do not have the Unic watermark on the image. I guess picking from Flipkart or amazon is your best bet.

Finally i received the hdmi 1x2 splitter too. Will give it's review and share learning after using the projector extensively over past 1 week, later today.

I bought UNIC UC40 couple of months back and is working fantastic for me.
Am using it through Asus o'play mini hdmi ---->Marantz nr1601--hdmi out-->projector hdmi input that's it ,you can get rocking sharpness through projector and pretty good sound through marantz nr1601 and am using boston XS 5.1, but source file must be bluray i.e HD file. If you connect like above , you can get 1080p clarity . I am using it from 12 feet distance and 200" inches on the white wall. That is enough and no need to go for expensive one.

If it is bluray file then only fantastic.
If it is dvd file , we can see normal picture quality but u will not regret.

As i bought it through ebay for Rs 5348.

All am using big size mkv files to get sharpness.

And also using sity cable hd set top box and hd channels are rocking.
Normal channels are good.
Those who can't spend expensive one better to go for this UNIC UC40 .
I bought through ebay and the guy name is deepak arora (9654060661)

Regards,
rammy

Last edited:
I bought UNIC UC40 couple of months back and is working fantastic for me.

That's great to know. Mine is also running remarkably well. Havent felt the need to replace it with a higher end model yet. However, 12 feet is quite a distance. I am using mine from about 8feet and get 70-80inch image which is quite sharp. Beyond this distance the edges begin to get blurry in my case.

Do try to post some pics of your image.

MaSh

You know what they advice to a thoroughly confused person? Go ahead and try out the options. Well that is exactly what I did.

I have been pondering over whether to buy a 50-55" TV or get a projector. A TV of this size from a reputed brand would cost over a Lakh easily. For that price one can get an amazing Projector. BUT a Projector cannot replace a TV and the it went on see sawing...

Finally I took the plunge by buying this Ultra Cheap Projector UNIC UC40 just to try of how a Projector in my setup fits in. To know whether I even need a projector.

I received this projector today afternoon and have just hooked it up crudely. So at this point I cannot provide an in-depth review of this projector, moreover you can find lots of reviews bu googling this model. I will be posting here my impressions of this projector and how it fit my requirements. Nothing else.

My Requirements:
Big clear image with an HD/bluray source connected to my receiver via an HDMI cable. Nothing else.

First Impressions:
I have placed it at a distance of about 10feet from the wall which is acting as my screen. The First thing I noticed is that the image is sharp only in the center and blurred away from the edges. In photography terms the aperture setting is set at a high number allowing depth of field to blur. Second the room needs to be totally dark to get decent colors and blacks.

More as I do some more watching and playing around with the minimalist menu.

One thing is decided for sure. A projector is the way to go for me. I guess the combination of a good projector for the weekend movies and TV for daily watching is the right combination for me. A better and beefier model is surely on the wish list now.

I would love to hear from other Projector owners on suggestions to improve image quality, though I doubt there is anything possible with model.

MaSh

Dear Mr.MaSh/Friends,
I wish to inform that of late many online companies have been offering cheap projectors with LED bulbes as focusing lamps with a life span of between 15000 Hours to 50000 hours. There are many reputed Chinese companies bringing out high end LED projectors at affordable cost notable among them
TAOTAOLE from Taiwan, Excelvan, Rienar, DB Power etc. However these Asian/Chinese/South Korean/Taiwanese Companies use Cheap IC CHIPS and the brands of IC Chips used by them for Audio/Video processing is not known are not printed on the Instrument. In most of the branded Projectors TEXAS INSTRUMENTS IC Chips are used. Texas Instruments IC Chips are International Market Leaders in Projector IC CHIPS.
All the International Brands of Projector manufacturers take pride in Printing TEXAS INSRUMENTS Logo in the fron face of their projectors. Keep these vital factor while selecting Projectors though at an initial higher cost.
Raslibi.

Dear Mr.MaSh/Friends,
I wish to inform that of late many online companies have been offering cheap projectors with LED bulbes as focusing lamps with a life span of between 15000 Hours to 50000 hours. There are many reputed Chinese companies bringing out high end LED projectors at affordable cost notable among them
TAOTAOLE from Taiwan, Excelvan, Rienar, DB Power etc. However these Asian/Chinese/South Korean/Taiwanese Companies use Cheap IC CHIPS and the brands of IC Chips used by them for Audio/Video processing is not known are not printed on the Instrument. In most of the branded Projectors TEXAS INSTRUMENTS IC Chips are used. Texas Instruments IC Chips are International Market Leaders in Projector IC CHIPS.
All the International Brands of Projector manufacturers take pride in Printing TEXAS INSRUMENTS Logo in the fron face of their projectors. Keep these vital factor while selecting Projectors though at an initial higher cost.
Raslibi.

Absolutely. No doubt in that there is and can never be any kind of comparison between Projectors from Unic and other main stream projectors from brands such as Epson, Sony, etc.

The main attraction is getting a Big Screen size at the Price paid. For a casual user like me, it gets the job done. I am not bothered about which chips it uses or what is stamped on them as long as its delivering, and I am seriously astonished as its performance for the price I paid.

I estimated its life to be about 3 months with probably around a movie or two over the weekend. The actual usage is A movie A day and at times the movies is repeated. Yes, kid starts off with Sleeping Beauty or something and by the time the movie is ending, her friends have joined her and the movie is restarted...:eek:hyeah: If this was happening on a main stream projector with 4000 hrs claimed, I would be worried, but with Unic, I am not. Waiting for it to Die and get myself a better Projector.

Which Projector are you using? Do post pictures of the image.

MaSh

Last edited:
That's great to know. Mine is also running remarkably well. Havent felt the need to replace it with a higher end model yet. However, 12 feet is quite a distance. I am using mine from about 8feet and get 70-80inch image which is quite sharp. Beyond this distance the edges begin to get blurry in my case.

Do try to post some pics of your image.

MaSh

Unic uc40 pics attached .Camera is very bad .....projector is pretty good at this price point . Like mobile cost . Led lamp is pretty good advantage here.

Attachments

• IMG_20151202_092843.jpg
    IMG_20151202_092843.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20151202_092924.jpg
    IMG_20151202_092924.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20151128_182533.jpg
    IMG_20151128_182533.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20151128_182646.jpg
    IMG_20151128_182646.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 155
Images look good compared to price. But it has blueish tint. Can you set RGB or colour temperature on this projector? What is the size of image?

Images look good compared to price. But it has blueish tint. Can you set RGB or colour temperature on this projector? What is the size of image?

I did not adjust any thing man and 200" on white wall . Pretty good for this price point .

I used like the way
Asus o play--> martantz---> projector that's it ....we can enjoy a lot with pretty good . One condition files must be high quality. As am using 10gb to 15gb mkv files.

Bluish is camera problem.
yep latest model has vga port.

Unic uc40 pics attached .Camera is very bad .....projector is pretty good at this price point . Like mobile cost . Led lamp is pretty good advantage here.

Image looks good. However, try with a shorter distance.

BTW updated model now available with VGA port added for Rs 5,324/- Called as UC 40+

Oh is it? Anything else changed?

I did not adjust any thing man and 200" on white wall . Pretty good for this price point .

I used like the way
Asus o play--> martantz---> projector that's it ....we can enjoy a lot with pretty good . One condition files must be high quality. As am using 10gb to 15gb mkv files.

Bluish is camera problem.
yep latest model has vga port.

In my case the source is either TV or Bluray player. 1TB hdd is connected to the Bluray player via USB. As mentioned above, reduce the distance for a more sharper picture even with non hd content. 8-9 feet I feel is the sweet spot. Also, keeping keystone correction to the minimum will help immensely.

@ Mash

My room size is 12 x 12 & so distance is 12 feet but my projection screen is approx 200" or more & i don't know how to control or make it less. But it looks excellent except in the edges if i look deeply. I do watch movie in 2.35:1 only & not in 1.85:1 through my PC and it works best.

But everyday have to adjust the focus since cap needs to be closed manually after each show.

Today I am watching bluray of Veer Zaara and the picture quality is quite sharp.

The sound quality is also good i have connected the projector to my home theater.

How you are playing your sound? I don't have a camera, will post some pics at the earliest.

Regards

hi
congrats on ur purchase
just need to clarify, are u really getting 200 inch from 12 ft distance, thats something only can be from short throw projectors...
whats your throw ratio from spec table, pl confirm..

After reading this post, I woo bought a similar projector UNIC UC46, a small upgraded version of the one being discussed in this thread. And i must say, I am quite happy with the purchase.:)

After reading this post, I too bought a similar projector UNIC UC46, an upgraded version of the one being discussed in this thread. And i must say, I am quite happy with the purchase.:)

After reading this post, I too bought a similar projector UNIC UC46, an upgraded version of the one being discussed in this thread. And i must say, I am quite happy with the purchase.:)

Oh that's wonderful, congratulations. Glad to know this thread is helping others. Btw, did you compare 40 and 46?

Dear friends,
I am now a proud owner of a UNIC UC 40+ projector.:yahoo:
Brightness is OK in a dark room and I am able to almost fill the well priced Luzon Dzire 7X5 hi gain screen which I also got from amazon.in for the crazy cool price of Rs. 1960/=. When watching in a brighter room, I move the projector closer to the screen.
This projector is not designed for permanent installation either horizontally or up side down. It is good for weekend fun projects with the whole family helping out in unpacking and connecting and enjoying and then helping pack up the projector and rolling up the screen for the next time it is to be used.
It can be a lot of fun.. more so than the actual watching experience which is not that bad anyway.
It is a great first time PJ. and my experiences are so far great.
But, one has to play with the settings to finally achieve a well balanced image. One needs to have an idea about setting the ideal color balances.
Then, LED bulbs mean that minor shakes won't damage it.
The 55 watt lamp generates a lot of heat (thank God for the built-in fan) and one can only imagine how hot halogen lit projectors get.
Overall I give this PJ a 8.5 out of ten. Hope it lasts as long as is claimed..(Lamp life of more than 20,000 hours.)
Enjoying the big picture,
Subcenter2009

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back