UNIVERSAL Remote for Yamaha HTR 4064/RX-V471

rakeshchn

The original remote that came with my Yamaha HTR 4064 AVR failed on me, and after repeated attempts to get it repaired by local electronics shops I am on lookout for a replacement remote. I can get an OEM part from US which will cost $25 (Rs.1500) but I am more leaning towards an universal remote control like the one linked below so that I can control TV, STB, Blu ray player etc. and also get warranty in India

Buy One For All URC 7960 Remote Control Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

This will probably work for basic AVR functions like on/off and volume control. I am worried if it will not be possible to configure this remote without the original AVR remote for detailed tasks like HDMI switching, speaker setup, equalizer and other menu driven items. Does anyone have experience with such universal remote for use with AVR, and specifically Yamaha? Are there device codes for Yamaha AVR which will help configure quickly and easily, and importantly without the original remote?

Usually you need the remote in working condition to configure the universal remote that you have mentioned.
You can go for Harmony 300 which does not need another remote to configure. The device can be chosen on the internet (from the Logitech Harmony database). It will be expensive than URC but surely worth it and if you want to spend a little more than go for Harmony 650.

Thanks for pointing me to Logitech Harmony 300 (now replaced by Harmony 350). I thought Harmony 650 was the entry level and it is expensive. I am planning to get the 350 from U.S. when somebody travels.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back