Uograde from Denon x2200w for 5.1.2 setup

sunster

Hi. What would be a good upgrade in terms of sound quality wattage and feature set to the Denon x2200w. I was considering Yamaha v585 series. Any more options. I shall sell my Denon and hope to get around 30000 for it. Will put in the rest for the new Avr. I don't want to spend a bomb. Anywhere in the Yamaha v585 range.

Yamaha rxv 585 is comparable to the denonx1400. So it will be a downgrade for you. You can look at Yamaha aventage series, denon 3400 onwards or marantz 5012 for upgrade. Some of them are available at very good prices in the sale thread.

Yamaha A-1070 2 months old @80k is absolutely amazing deal. If you are in the process of AVR upgradation, you must be serious about this opportunity .

Mahale I have an huge space issue to place the AVR. I just checked. The A1070 is 17.5 inches in depth and I can only place something max 16inches and that too will not have space for the cables against the back wall. 20180710_192039.jpg

Yamaha and Onkyo receiver are much deeper than Denon and Marantz. You need sufficient space behind for wiring,cableing and ventilation. If you move up in ladder of todays AVR, you will certainly need space to accommodate. Most of the Denon entry level AVR are shallow in depth. I am also facing same problem. My cabinet size is 16 inches and today's 9.2 AVR are more than 17.5 inches in depth. Yamaha A - series AVR are built like a tank which can last for longer time so no compromise in chassis size. You must not compromise in AVR due to its size. Just go for sound quality ,features....... and cost.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back