Upcoming Indian Vinyl LP Record Releases

Yes, initially it's released as 2 LP set but later (now) T-series has released it as 1 LP like CD tracks.

SWScan0000302176.jpeg

A1rlq-72q%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

I have also booked my copies. The colonial cousins LP was well mastered and was on heavy vinyl. I think they will keep up the quality this time as well.

Yes, initially it's released as 2 LP set but later (now) T-series has released it as 1 LP like CD tracks.

SWScan0000302176.jpeg

A1rlq-72q%2BL._SL1500_.jpg
Nice to see the melodies from 90s in Vinyl format. By chance can we get CD version of these new releases? I don’t own a LP player, so was interested in CDs

I had 2 copies of DHKMN on CDs (OST and with X'tra Beat edition), but sold last month as I am downsizing my CD collection.

I had 2 copies of DHKMN on CDs (OST and with X'tra Beat edition), but sold last month as I am downsizing my CD collection.
Ok. Let me know of you have any more from 90s that you want to sell off !
Anyway, so any chance of getting new CDs of these upcoming LPs? Or they are not going to produce CDs at all ?

Sure, I will let you know.

T-Series is still producing CDs as they have their own CD manufacturing plant so you may get the CDs of upcoming movies but mostly other companies are out of CD release business because of Sony DADC shutdown.

Sure, I will let you know.

T-Series is still producing CDs as they have their own CD manufacturing plant so you may get the CDs of upcoming movies but mostly other companies are out of CD release business because of Sony DADC shutdown.
Ok, thanks. Sony DADC shut down? I was not aware. So the Cds available on amazon are older stock? The tips sadc ones?

@toolazytowrite: Clearaudio Concept (MM or MC) is a very good entry level turntable. I use this table and am very happy with its performance. This is especially good for folks who are either not knowledgeable on setting up turntables or just don't want to go through that trouble.

@karthikswaminath: How do you find the quality of the old vinyls? I was in Calcutta recently and looked at a few old vinyls, mint copies. The price of these mint copies are exorbitant, at least to me... I spoke to Sony DADC folks about their new vinyls. All of them are made out of digital masters (may be 96*24 fidelity but I am not sure) supplied by Saregama. I bought a few high-resolution old bollywood songs from Saregama site and I was not impressed. So the quality of these new vinyls is always going to be a hit or miss and I would buy them only after hearing/reading some reviews on them.
BTW does anyone on this forum know if the quality of the new 1942 a Love Story released by Sony DADC is same as its predecessor released by Saregama? I heard folks saying that the new Sony DADC release is quite inferior compared to its previous version. But like anything in audio its hard to believe these comments w/o actually verifying it. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Nothing like first press of hindi vinyls. 90% of Sony DADC LPs is digital sounding vinyls too loud and artificial. Not worth . Get to a good vinyl seller , to his shop, listen to the collection and buy. Even at a price, it is worth than buying online where you pay exorbitantly and are never sure. Most reviews of Sony DADC on amazon is good if only you get 5 stars form reviewer and at least 5 reviews. That is my hard learnt experiential learning ! :):)

Sony DADC has an office at Mumbai and a godown ( possible land line no 022 61456801). Some one told me that they still hv unsold stock. May be after lock down is over, you might like to call them if they are selling off unsold stocks from their ware house. Amazon still sells TGOE LPs. But I have found some reviews that they are getting LPs warpped ! And these goods amazon normally does not return..

Last edited by a moderator:
Forthcoming release details

Yuva (July)
Satya (oct)
Shujaat and fareed (dec)
Advaita grounded in space (dec)
Best of soulmate (dec)
Mali- caution to the wind (dec)
Rama Sreerama by Mandolin U Srinivas in collaboration with Real world record (dec)

This is the list of release......

Back