Manufactured in india or england ???

vikramdesigner

Hi Friends,

I recently built my setup and planning to make my best cd collections.

So i m looking for good quality recording with original label when it was released. (their costing was from Rs 299 to 599) the quality CD with labels like VENUS, TIPS, PYRAMID, EMI ....etc.

Right now these albums are on diff labels and sounds pathetic with price tag of Rs 45 to 175)

My Friend suggested to get the England & US version of these cd which are very good compared to Indian manufactured.

So i contacted a person, who deals with such imported cds like EMI , UNIVERSAL, MAGNASOUND .. etc and i asked him the prices.

But his prices are too high like rs 1000 to 2000 each cd & slightly used. (I also understand he will be adding the shipping charges.)

but do u really think these used cd are worth considering for rs 1000 above ??? is their really a quality diff between indian(venus, tips ...) and imported.

These movies were released b4 2000, and im ready to pay max rs 400 to 600 each for new but not 1000 to 2000 for used.

So please can any one let me know where can i get these New cds with original labels in India ?? I m ready to pay 30% for used cds from their actual rates.

My list goes here :

Dil to pagal hai
Akele hum akele tum
Mann
Dhadkan
Kasoor
Aashiqui Old
Dil hai ke maanta nahi
Phir teri kahaani yaad aayi
Saajan
Maine pyar kiya
Hum aapke hai kaun
Kuch Kuch Hota hai
Kabhi alvida na kehna
Kal ho na ho
Dil chahata hai
Bombay Ar rahman
Taal
yuvraj
Yes Boss
Yeh Dillagi
Aashiq awara
Barsaat.
Rangeela
Hum Dil de chuke sanam
Gupt
1942 a love story
DDLJ

Hi Friends,

I recently built my setup and planning to make my best cd collections.

So i m looking for good quality recording with original label when it was released. (their costing was from Rs 299 to 599) the quality CD with labels like VENUS, TIPS, PYRAMID, EMI ....etc.

Right now these albums are on diff labels and sounds pathetic with price tag of Rs 45 to 175)

My Friend suggested to get the England & US version of these cd which are very good compared to Indian manufactured.

So i contacted a person, who deals with such imported cds like EMI , UNIVERSAL, MAGNASOUND .. etc and i asked him the prices.

But his prices are too high like rs 1000 to 2000 each cd & slightly used. (I also understand he will be adding the shipping charges.)

but do u really think these used cd are worth considering for rs 1000 above ??? is their really a quality diff between indian(venus, tips ...) and imported.

These movies were released b4 2000, and im ready to pay max rs 400 to 600 each for new but not 1000 to 2000 for used.

So please can any one let me know where can i get these New cds with original labels in India ?? I m ready to pay 30% for used cds from their actual rates.

My list goes here :

Dil to pagal hai
Akele hum akele tum
Mann
Dhadkan
Kasoor
Aashiqui Old
Dil hai ke maanta nahi
Phir teri kahaani yaad aayi
Saajan
Maine pyar kiya
Hum aapke hai kaun
Kuch Kuch Hota hai
Kabhi alvida na kehna
Kal ho na ho
Dil chahata hai
Bombay Ar rahman
Taal
yuvraj
Yes Boss
Yeh Dillagi
Aashiq awara
Barsaat.
Rangeela
Hum Dil de chuke sanam
Gupt
1942 a love story
DDLJ

From previous experience I find UK, Japanese and European pressings(CD and Vinyl) sound better than their US counterparts(same album and year of release). You could buy one and compare with Indian pressing of the same album. Also you can try flac version and compare. IMO no cd is worth over 1000(new or used) but then one cannot put a monetary value on music if you really like it.

I had/have mostly collection of first issue released in India and many from UK, USA as well. Indian first issues are great too. I have sold many CDs in Delhi and Kolkata. Sale is still going on, Need to sell around 500 CDs which includes many good titles.

check amazon.in...most of the titles you have listed is still available ....brand new ...

Select Music and type "Tips" - search
Select Music and type "Venus" - search

then check - Grammy's 2015 Buy online Indian and International CDs, LPs, Blu-rays, DVDs and VCDs | Rhythm House .

Tips has been releasing its old titles again . Old Stock of Venus is back in the market .

First edition CD's check - Shrimati's Asian Indian Music and DVD Store on the Web - shrimati shrimatis cds cassettes videocd bollywood classical carnatic

check amazon.in...most of the titles you have listed is still available ....brand new ...

Select Music and type "Tips" - search
Select Music and type "Venus" - search

then check - Grammy's 2015 Buy online Indian and International CDs, LPs, Blu-rays, DVDs and VCDs | Rhythm House .

Tips has been releasing its old titles again . Old Stock of Venus is back in the market .

First edition CD's check - Shrimati's Asian Indian Music and DVD Store on the Web - shrimati shrimatis cds cassettes videocd bollywood classical carnatic

You have not got the question. The indian NEW releses sound shitty sometimes worse than MP3

he is looking for original UK releases

I had all and sold mostly. Only few are available:

Dhadkan (Venus, First Issue) Indian
Dil To Paagal Hai (HMV, First Issue) Indian
DDLJ (EMI, England)
Maine Pyar Kiya (EMI, USA)

Posting to a very old thread.. But then my requirement is quite similar... Need these old hindi cds with good sound quality... Any practical suggestions? First one on my list, ofcourse, is Aashiqui!

Posting on the old thread for general interest:

In my opinion, never buy used western title CDs from anyone in India, they are either junk or if in good condition, very expensive. However for Bollywood titles, one is better off looking for these in India. If one is looking for western music, always buy lots from eBay. Sellers ship the CDs with original cover art but without jewel cases. I once helped a friend purchase a lot of 100 Glam Metal CDs from eBay.de The total cost of the CDs with shipping (no customs duty was charged) came up to under Rs.3000/-. One has to be patient and look around. All the CDs in this consignment were with Made in Germany or Made in EU tags.

Last edited:
Posting to a very old thread.. But then my requirement is quite similar... Need these old hindi cds with good sound quality... Any practical suggestions? First one on my list, ofcourse, is Aashiqui!

Even I would like to have original UK CDs. Aashiqui cd which we get here from T-Series for Rs.42 is really pathetic. I have one, and sounds really bad.

Even I would like to have original UK CDs. Aashiqui cd which we get here from T-Series for Rs.42 is really pathetic. I have one, and sounds really bad.

I had Aashiqui CD (Manufactured in 1995) was good (sold last year). Disc had printed colored butterflies. However my friend has its first pressing.

It has year of manufacturing/packaging. Also listened, sounds amazing.

Some of the CDs I bought recently from amazon.in are manufactured in 2002/2001 . Ex: Saagar and Ajnabee. The quality of the CDs(recording / Printing and also the jewel case) is much better as compared to the latest ones.
I really like if the packaging date on the CD inlay card is from that era (2000-2004) :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back