Upgradation of speakers within Rs. 120k

rpmahale

Dear friends, from last few months I am following the forum and reading the posts to gain the knowledge in this field. Instead of hijacking someone else's thread, I have decided to open a new for mine. Presently own Denon AVR 2113 and JBL SCS200.5 satellite Subwoofer system. Now willing to upgrade to full fledged speakers system (5.1) within the mentioned budget. System is a part of living room with dimensions of 11 feet by 22 feet with one side open as dinning additional 10 feet by 7 feet. ( L shape living room). System is set adjacent to dinning area. By reading most of the post , concluded that Dali seems to be favorite among the FM followed by KEF, Polk,MA and so on . Took audition of following speakers sound in short as 1. Polk Tsx440 - Bright with boomy bass
2. Polk RTia 5 - Better than 440 but still bright.
3. Heco Prime Victa 702 - Natural and warm sound , digging more low end details, midrange and highs are a bit dull and lacking the spark. Build quality and authentic appeal is average, not what you expect from 50k speaker.
3. Tannoy Mercury v4i - Energetic and appealing sound. Little forward sound signature, low end punchy and agile. Vocals are clear. ( First Choice )
4. Wharfdel Diamond 230 - Open , uncolored, natural and warm sound. Sound seems to be relaxed but not Energetic and lively like Tannoy. Still can listen for hours without ear fatigue. Build quality and authentic appeal is very good.
In 5.1 mode Diamond 220 and Diamond 220c did a magic. They just disappeared from the room as a sound source. Diamond 220 peeling of every ounce of sound track remarkably. Diamond 220c best center channel , I have heard. It was not just giving sound but producing voice of every character with thick base line.
5. Dali Zenser 7 - Energetic, lively and foot tapping sound. More detail ,more bass and louder than Wharfdel Diamond 230 but bright and colored sound .
Almost all audition with Denon AVR . Dali and Diamond with Denon AVR x2200.
6. Also audition Yamaha NS-555/777 but will not eat space.
Targeted speakers to audition
1. PSB Image T5 with sub.
2. MA MR6
3. MS Avion 6
4. Anything below Rs. 60k.
5. Subwoofer not yet audition, your suggestions matter, Rs. 35k within budget.
Those who own above mentioned products may give their opinion so that I can audition them again.
Your opinions in this regard values, and willing to complete the deal before Diwali to encash Diwali discount bonanza.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Consider BIC America they are great sounding and value for the price, have reviews on net. BIC DV64 floor standing is priced below 60K. Audition available in Bangalore.

Hi,

Have you listened to BIC America speakers? they are great sounding and fall within ur budget limit. BIC DV64 floor standing is fantastic pair for both music and movies and less than 60k.

Hi

Yes BIC America are good speakers....Taga also (certain models) seems to be good too...

Audition where possible and consider....

Hi

Avenue sound (Mumbai based) sells BIC America & Taga.....

There are also online sellers, please check the warranty aspect as from what I heard such online dealers offer seller warranty and not manufacturer warranty.....so be cautious...

Where are you located? If comfortable with used, FM Nikhil of Hyderabad had a PSB Image T5 for sale some time back.

May be yes for proper products and deal. PSB Image T5 already sold. Actually I am looking for pre owned PSB Image T6 or B&W 600 series.

Dear friends from last two months, I have audition many speakers from Polk, Dali, Elac , Wharfdale, Heco, Jamo, Taga, Klipsch etc. and finally settled down to Wharfdale Diamond 230 but still was not happy as there was dip in midrange so that sound was a bit monotonous. So I went for Diamond 240 , which is 3 way 4 driver against Diamond 230 2 1/2 way 3 driver. Diamond 240 sounded lively and open than 230 due to the dedicated midrange driver and bass is also deeper and powerful. Diamond was connected with Marantz sr5000 series AVR while audition. Now problem arises that Diamond 240 rated impedance is 4 ohms which Marantz AVR drive easily. My current AVR is Denon AVR 2113 which is rated for 6-16 ohm. Can this Denon AVR 2113 will drive Diamond 240 easily or shall I go for Diamond 230.I have also audition Elac F5 and is second on my list but as it is back ported and requires minimum 2 feet distance from back wall which is not possible in my case. Diamonds are down ported hence can be place close to wall.( Very suitable for placement in my place) please advice.

+1 Wharfdale Diamond 230 rated impedance 8 ohms whereas as Diamond 240 rated impedance is 4 ohms.

Dear friends from last two months, I have audition many speakers from Polk, Dali, Elac , Wharfdale, Heco, Jamo, Taga, Klipsch etc. and finally settled down to Wharfdale Diamond 230 but still was not happy as there was dip in midrange so that sound was a bit monotonous. So I went for Diamond 240 , which is 3 way 4 driver against Diamond 230 2 1/2 way 3 driver. Diamond 240 sounded lively and open than 230 due to the dedicated midrange driver and bass is also deeper and powerful. Diamond was connected with Marantz sr5000 series AVR while audition. Now problem arises that Diamond 240 rated impedance is 4 ohms which Marantz AVR drive easily. My current AVR is Denon AVR 2113 which is rated for 6-16 ohm. Can this Denon AVR 2113 will drive Diamond 240 easily or shall I go for Diamond 230.I have also audition Elac F5 and is second on my list but as it is back ported and requires minimum 2 feet distance from back wall which is not possible in my case. Diamonds are down ported hence can be place close to wall.( Very suitable for placement in my place) please advice.

I suggest you go back and listen to the Tannoy.
Also no love for Qacoustics and Paradigm?
I used to really like the wharf 10 and had auditioned the diamond 220 around that time and didnt really like em much compared to other speakers.

As suggested, try auditioning Bic America and NHT also before ur final decision.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

<snip>down ported hence can be place close to wall.( Very suitable for placement in my place) please advice

Putting any speaker near a wall or in a corner does change its sound. Let me hasten to add not its inherent / designed frequency response, but the way it sounds to you.

Also remember what you hear in the audition is not what you will get at home (and when I auditioned speakers some of the places were the audio equivalent of bus stand urinals)

I have to (as if it is required) state that I am no expert but AFAIK room boom is a function of your room and not dependent on position of port (or lack thereof) see this post http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/52412-speakers-one-yet-another-4.html#post602654

See also this one http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...foam-behind-canvas-painting-2.html#post714903.

ciao
gr

Thanks friends for your valuable suggestions and information. Will take another demo trial for Dali Zenser 7 and Tannoy Mercury v7. Please give me your opinion on PSB imagine T5. If any one is driving 4 ohms speaker with Denon 8 ohm av receiver please share your result otherwise I will drop the idea of Wharfdale Diamond 240. Please share your audition , opinion or usage of Wharfdale Diamond 230. Don't want to repeat the entire procedure of audition again. My results on selected speakers order in preference , please give your opinion
1. Wharfdale Diamond 240 - 63k
4 ohm impedance will not match with my Denon AVR 2113 receiver
2 Wharfdale Diamond 230 - 43k
Slight dip in midrange make the speaker to sound monotonous and flat but twinkling in audio parameters may do the job.
3. Elac F5 - 63K
Expensive but good sound. Placement issue as these are back ported.Control,tight and agile low end but Similar price speakers are going more deeper in low end. ( Dali Zenser 7 or Tannoy Mercury v7, WD 240)
4 Elac F6. - 76k
Expensive but all short coming of F5 covered and again placement issue.

Will audition BIC, NHT and Monitor Audio MR series soon. Budget for FS is 60k and center 20k.Sub 35k.

+1 Has Mordant Short stopped functioning in India or where shall I go for audition of MS.

If your budget is Rs 120000 you should buy a Tannoy XT6F eyes closed. Denon goes best with a Tannoy they have some sort of synergy which is quite spectacular. Or look for some discounted Tannoy DC6TSE great speakers. Mission MX5 is another great speaker which batters a B&W 684 easily and matches great with a Denon.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back