Upgrade from Norge 1000

Used AVR ? Are you contemplating to have HT also in future. Then compromise on Music quality to some extent. Pick NAD, cambridge or Marantz AVR. As you have SW 150 with you buy centre and surrounds as & when your pocket permits.

Regards

At least for next 3 years no plan for an AVR as I have a brand new HT system. Looking for pure stereo music,

Based on the valuable input from forum members i'm planing to change entire setup.

At present Marantz 6003 + MS Aviano 2 is under consideration

Budget is 40K for Speaker pair and Integrated AMP, could stretch a bit if it add value.

Hi svkndv,

I purchased the PM 6003 from Singapore, cost me about Rs.13500/- . Though Aviano-2 is rated at 120w i.e it can handle higher powered amps, I do not accept that PM 6003 is low powered to drive Aviano-2. In fact PM 5003 could drive Aviano-2 with ease.
N.Murali

@murali_n
That's a good price for Aviano-2. Any idea on the pricing of Mezzo-2's?

At least for next 3 years no plan for an AVR as I have a brand new HT system. Looking for pure stereo music,

Based on the valuable input from forum members i'm planing to change entire setup.

Budget is 40K for Speaker pair and Integrated AMP, could stretch a bit if it add value.
@svkndv
That's a great choice. Marantz with MS is a great choice for music listening.

Upgradation will again bite you. Hence avoid 6003. Go for 7004.

Regards

I purchased the PM 6003 from Singapore, cost me about Rs.13500/- . Though Aviano-2 is rated at 120w i.e it can handle higher powered amps, I do not accept that PM 6003 is low powered to drive Aviano-2. In fact PM 5003 could drive Aviano-2 with ease.
N.Murali
@murali_n
That's a good price for Aviano-2. Any idea on the pricing of Mezzo-2's?

Ravi...price of MS Aviano-2 is not discussed...the mentioned price was for PM 6003...

Mezzo 2 is around 36k and Aviano 2 should be 25-27Kish....however let Murali respond on this...

Hi Venkus,

I purchased the MS Aviano-2 for Rs.19.5k from Cressida AV Zone, around 3rd week of Jan-2011. It plays very well with the Marantz PM 6003 amp and CD 5003 CD Player combo. The Phono pre on this amp is also very good. For my room size of 12x10 feet I hardly cross 9'0 clock position on the volume control, and both the CDP and Amp remote act complimentary i.e each will control the other, so you can operate with a single remote. My speakers have so far run-in for about more than 50 hours and the sound is very detailed, imaging is very good, bass is adequate for a BS. The CDP digs out all the nuances in the recording.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Wow. 19.5k:eek:....Murali Garu...thanks for giving us the price...I was almost taken for a ride by an Indian online av website...the chat rep said its 25k+ some thing...{don't ask me which website:indifferent14:}

Wow. 19.5k:eek:....Murali Garu...thanks for giving us the price...I was almost taken for a ride by an Indian online av website...the chat rep said its 25k+ some thing...{don't ask me which website:indifferent14:}

Hi venkus,

I think the List Price is 23k , but my purchase price was after a discount of 15% and with Tax.

Pl check up whether there is an upward revision.

Pl contact Cressida AV Zone, Chennai, they have a website too.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

19.5k INR is really good price for M-S Aviano-2. I have Mezzo-2 and both share the same woofer. The tweeter and the cabinet is the difference between both.
Both are good speakers. Mezzo-2's are working well with my Nad and the front port makes the placement easy.

Hi Venkus,

Though I have had Norge 2060 for about 2 years, prior to my Marantz PM 6003 buy, I realised that the Norge had only a good mid-range compared to the Marantz, other wise the Marantz is a giant leap compared to Norge. :yahoo:

I think the Norge may not do justice to The MS Aviano-2.

This is just my opinion.

N.Murali

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back