Upgrade from SMSL - SU8 , suggestions please ?

fLUX

Hi,

I am looking to try AKM / Multibit DAC from Schiit or the likes. I owned a SMSL-SU8 and recently sold it , have a denafrip ares ii and wanting to try a different flavor. Any suggestions on particular models to look out for , looking to stay in and around 50k overall.

I doubt anything under 50k will be worth considering for comparison with Ares2 DAC. You could look at following suggestions but I doubt they'd be available for around 50k(used).

Schiit Gungnir Multibit
RME Adi DAC 2
Topping D90
Chord Qutest

I doubt anything under 50k will be worth considering for comparison with Ares2 DAC. You could look at following suggestions but I doubt they'd be available for around 50k(used).

Schiit Gungnir Multibit
RME Adi DAC 2
Topping D90
Chord Qutest

This wont replace the Ares II , looking for something good but different. I had my eye on RME Adi DAC 2 and D90 , new unit prices are very expensive though.

I could suggest at a Topping D90, slightly above price, but a great DAC. I have the non MQA version and it is very clean.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back