Upgrade suggestion for Dali Zensor 5

Thanks Naturelover
My room size is 15 x 20 approx
Only cushoning is a 3+ 2 seater sofa and 2 full length curtains 7 feet high.
Denon Axr2300w with Quad vena and Dali Zensor5
Speakers are placed 4 feet appart as the room is L shaped
A layout diagram and pics would be far better.
4 ft between speakers is too less unless nearfield. What's the listening distance? Speaker distances from side & back walls?
How have you connected the two amps?

Tha
Hi

Since you are based in Mumbai.....suggest you visit Total Home Theatres and meet (Darius) ...audition the Monitor Audio (Bronze / Silver) and also Tannoys XT Revolution series...hear the same music which you are familiar with and then decide if you still need to change speakers or just add a sub at home and place the exisiting Z5s in the area differently
Thanks efernand1

A layout diagram and pics would be far better.
4 ft between speakers is too less unless nearfield. What's the listening distance? Speaker distances from side & back walls?
How have you connected the two amps?
Oops i
Meant to mention 4 metres apart
Speakers are 4 inches away from walls
Listening distance is not specific as such but while doing my work say 10 feet approx

You may consider adding a sealed subwoofer like SVS SB-2000 to off load Bass from Dali speakers.
Consider upgrade of speakers only if you still feel Bass is missing or highs are not good.

You may consider speakers like KEF/B&W/SVS for upgrade

You may consider adding a sealed subwoofer like SVS SB-2000 to off load Bass from Dali speakers.
Consider upgrade of speakers only if you still feel Bass is missing or highs are not good.

You may consider speakers like KEF/B&W/SVS for upgrade
Svs is the God of Subs man!!
The highs in Z5 are insuff!

Svs is the God of Subs man!!
The highs in Z5 are insuff!

There was one on the forum which was sold recently for a reasonable price along with warranty....

If budget is a consideration for a sub, then you can also look at BIC America PL 200......it is excellent value for money and performance for movies and music.....

First sort out the speakers then if required, you can look at subs

There was one on the forum which was sold recently for a reasonable price along with warranty....

If budget is a consideration for a sub, then you can also look at BIC America PL 200......it is excellent value for money and performance for movies and music.....

First sort out the speakers then if required, you can look at subs
I am looking only at floorsanders not wanting to install a sub

If budget is not a constraint and you need Floor Standers (also don't want to add sub now), you may consider SVS Ultra Towers.
It comes with tweeter + 2 Nos of 6.5" mid range drivers + 2 numbers of 8" bass drivers.

You may also consider KEF R900, it has got 8" Drivers 2 nos + Uni-Q midrange/tweeter combo.

I had to recently answer this question for myself. I had a 2x z5 budget in mind. The ATC SCM 11 was there. But it needs a bigger amp than mine to give me what I thought I want. The kef ls50 and r300 appealed briefly. I would have liked to hear the xtf8 but didn't actually board the plane though I had the ticket. I settled for something else but I am no longer singing U2 from the top of building.
Edit: tuneful bass needs work. I have it. But I can't hear it, not yet. Thump and boom is easy to realise but that thing to hear Roger locked into Deacon, needs thought money and work. Bo rap @pvr I hate you ;)
Ciao
GR

I mean make floor standers on your own.Select the drivers of your choice and get the enclosures built.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back