Suggestions for Upgrade Path and Speaker Advice

Thats great..
Thanks for your suggestion earlier on this change in setup. Though actual sound quality has still not changed much but effects are better now. With better speakers will be able to utilize them more effectively. Also now able to visualize on lot more ideas :).

MX is inexpensive good cables.. It may not have the flashy outer jacket/sleeves as some of the expensive cables do, but they are pretty good..
Yes it seems fine . has costed just around 500 bucks for 50 mts. Gives me lots of legroom to play around. Surrounds itself will take approx 100 ft wire with proper routing so these can be used without worrying about cost. May just take few mts of better cables then for LCR , if difference is recognizable then can plan to upgrade all wires.
Was planning for amazon basic but found out that even those are CCA cables only but cost double so thought of giving these a try.

Bump the Taga owners thread, you may get some inputs there from owners.
Thanks. already bumped that thread.

:( Some higher end speakers from other brands do have raised tweeter design.. But yeah, if you don't like the looks, then fine..
I was ok with design, finalized on platinum series giving priority to function over design and was just about to place order but since others dint looked too happy , pulled my self back else only design will be taking point and not actual sound. Sometime we live for our peace and happiness of others :)

Mission LX should be in your budget, Tannoy i doubt if you can fit in your budget.. If it is, then fine..
Just saw some online prices. Tannoy one also may be in budget but is available nowhere so not sure of availability or pricing. If able to audition will see then.

Thanks for your suggestion earlier on this change in setup. Though actual sound quality has still not changed much but effects are better now. With better speakers will be able to utilize them more effectively. Also now able to visualize on lot more ideas :).

When you upgrade your AVR in future to a 7.2.4 speaker layout, your flipped room size will be of advantage..

Yes it seems fine . has costed just around 500 bucks for 50 mts.

Hope you got the right speaker gauge AWG..

1565605770844.png

When you upgrade your AVR in future to a 7.2.4 speaker layout, your flipped room size will be of advantage..
yes, lots of similar stuff i can visualize now (even though may not be able to do it now)

Hope you got the right speaker gauge AWG..
Ohh. was not aware of this chart. There was a different chart which I saw which mentioned something like 16AWG is good for 50 ft . Wire which i got mentions 2.5 mm diameter. which will be close to 16-18 AWG after reducing outer cover size. Anyway it seems will need to change it to something better for rear surrounds also. Will try to change these or use these temporarily and once have clear requirement on wiring length will get better ones.

Ohh. was not aware of this chart. There was a different chart which I saw which mentioned something like 16AWG is good for 50 ft . Wire which i got mentions 2.5 mm diameter. which will be close to 16-18 AWG after reducing outer cover size. Anyway it seems will need to change it to something better for rear surrounds also. Will try to change these or use these temporarily and once have clear requirement on wiring length will get better ones.

That could have been for only 8 Ohms speaker.. Never mind, you can re-use them at a later stage when you have more speakers, with shorter distance..

Some updates after long time. With the suggestion provided was able to do few gradual upgrades and purchases to my HT setup over last few months.
Though would agree that most of the plan didn't went as intended or priorities. Primary reason was limited audition opportunities especially in limited budge and also had to consider my existing setup limitations which was also to be considered.

First to add was a pair of Polk OWM3 speaker few months back. This was nowhere in plan was getting a good deal on it for a fairly new pre-owned pair. Have heard lots of good reviews for these so got it with thought that can re-purpose it as surround or for atmos duty later on. For some time these were used as Front LR replacing stock htib speakers and provided a decent update for time being.

Second update was more unplanned. Had suddenly got opportunity to travel to states so planned to get some decent bookshelf and center speaker set. But speakers which i were thinking were going bit big and heavy. Then came across projector options. Again projectors were not planned to be updated at this time but made more sense as several options were available and price difference was also significant , and to add were easier to carry. So got a optoma 1080GT projector. more details on projector in my thread in projector section.

While in last few days of returning back came across Polk T15 bookshelf speakers and was getting a very good price that day . Again I wanted to get something better but these were the one which would fit in my left baggage allowance both from weight,space perspective and also be within limit of left duty free budget. Either way for the price they would have been good surround option if I later go on with something better for Front LR.
So Polk T15 setup as front and OWM3 went to surround duties and enjoyed this setup of couple months.

Sub-woofer was next planned updated after few months but unfortunately one fine day realized there was no audio coming form my existing sub-woofer. Now my receiver does not have LFE port so there were limited options available. Wanted something which would server me later also. BIC F12 and PL200 had good reviews in forum and outside in budget range. Checked with dealer and he suggested though PL200 would be bit better but can go with F12 considering my room size and requirement. Again audition was suggested by him but that was in Mumbai. Since was not able to travel for couple weeks so finally gone with F12 only and save some bucks.

Till now was using stock center channel only and was planning to upgrade it whenever decided on final Front LR to match with them. But after above expenses decided to postpone Front LR search will after upgrading receiver. which may be quite later. So got Polk T30 to have a sense of completion till then .

So a basic upgrade is ready for now and enjoying it till next phase starts :).

Thanks for the updates @maxms ! I will be on same boat in a few month - Projector and speaker upgrade! Yours and @elangoas comments provide very good initiation information for that.

Thanks for the updates @maxms ! I will be on same boat in a few month - Projector and speaker upgrade! Yours and @elangoas comments provide very good initiation information for that.
No problem. Do let us know if any detail is required. I too got lots of useful information from @elangoas and other FM's which helped to make informed decision.
Most of the time we visit forum just to get help we need and then forget to give back. I too am guilty of same several times. So decided to share my updates which may help others.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back