upgrade suggestion.

VDastoor

Hello Everybody,
Am currently using Marantz 1506 as pre amp/DAC/streamer and yamaha AS 501 as power amp.
Should I sell off both and go with the Yamaha RN 803 OR retain the 1506 and buy the Emotiva Base X 300 power amp.
Suggestions please.
Speakers: Q Acoustics 2050i + REL T Zero.

Hello Everybody,
Am currently using Marantz 1506 as pre amp/DAC/streamer and yamaha AS 501 as power amp.
Should I sell off both and go with the Yamaha RN 803 OR retain the 1506 and buy the Emotiva Base X 300 power amp.
Suggestions please.
Speakers: Q Acoustics 2050i + REL T Zero.

Is your setup 2.1 or 5.1?

Before any upgrade, I ask myself

1. What is it that i am missing ( sound quality or facilities / features) in my existing setup ?

2. What aspects would I like changed (in terms of sound quality) in my current setup ? eg More bass resolution, better treble extension etc.

3. Have i heard the proposed purchases n do they deliver what i want ?

4. If you sell the Marantz n shift to Yamaha, do you prefer the "house sound" of the Yamaha compared to the Marantz "house sound" ?

Each brand has its own sound

Moving to a more expensive product in the brand will add refinment but retain the same overall character or balance.

For example you may find Marantz has a slightly subdued treble.Same character / tonal balance will continue even with the most expensive Marantz.

Upgrade to achieve substantial upgrades, and avoid small or lateral shifts.

Just my 2 cents

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back