Upgrading the Klipsch

Hi! Need ur advise.I am planning a home theatre dimensions 21*17*9. I plan to park a couple of exercise equipment in the side of the theatre.
I am sending the configurations i got from the vendor please advise.View attachment 65550View attachment 65551View attachment 65552View attachment 65551View attachment 65553
Dear Doc,
First up, welcome to the forum.
Wishing you a very satisfying HT journey! It is exhilarating and am sure you will enjoy it.

A few quick points:
1. A 180" screen will probably leave you with very little space for good placement of LCRs.
2. Those four recliners can be a good second row, but IMHO, wouldn't suggest them as the main listening point.
(A quick solution would be to look at a 150" screen and the main seating position drawn into the room a bit.)
3. Do check out seven matching Ascendos within your budget for ear level if you don't mind a non-Klipsch solution.

Others have already said important points about the quotation. So, yes, that needs a review as well.

Finally, since your location says Gudivada, I'd suggest either you take a road trip to Hyd, or make him come down to your place, but do hit up @prateekatasniya

He is among the loveliest people you could possibly consult about this hobby in this forum.

I, for instance, had a fourth of your budget, and couldn't honestly afford an installer. Nonetheless, he was handholding me each step of the way and helping so very altruistically.

To be clear, am not dissing the consultant who has given you this quote. But you can't go wrong with asking for an alternative quote from Dr. Atasniya.

You could surely compare the two, judge their knowledge and take a call on what's best for you.

(Only glitch being he hates Klipsch for their spurious marketing and refuses to work on a project involving them. But am sure a doctor can convince a doctor to work with the medicine they have in hand. Or, conversely, he could convince you to change the course of treatment) :D

Here's a build he had done for an FM in Chandigarh:

Whatever you choose eventually, wishing you the very best.

Thats encouraging :)
thats what I have been hearing in reviews as well. Thanks
The existing 260F are 125/500W with 97db sensitivity while RP 8000F are 150/600W with 98db sensitivity.
From the feedback in other forums, it appears that Emotive XPA5 should be decently sufficient to move the highly sensitive Klipsch.
What do you think?

The copper trims :)

Being from a small City like Udaipur its not possible to audition any Hifi equipment. This city is still growing its taste for HTs
Also in longer run I would prefer to have same brand of speakers, right now I have a mix of few and it isn't bad for Movies.
The next brand I invest into would probably be the one which will stick for long time.
The sensitivity is around 87db for frequencies below 1000 hz..
That means without calibration it would be an EXTREMELY bright speaker.

Exactly, spending double the international price .. it makes even more sense to consider price to performance ratio.

I have just started to plan this upgrade and I think I will take some time to decide.

Open to other suggestions too to beat Klipsch 8000F (MRP Rs. 184000) and SVS Prime Pinnacle (MRP Rs. 251000)
QSC sc 1120..
Its a screen channel speaker.
Needs to be placed behind the screen.
Overall sensitivity is 95db.
Have installed it in two of my projects.
They beat the Klipsch, or rather it's not a fair comparison coz they are in another league.

The sensitivity is around 87db for frequencies below 1000 hz..
That means without calibration it would be an EXTREMELY bright speaker.
Honestly, after installation, first level calibration and listening them in about 20 movies so far ... I can tell you, they aren't "bright" to the wrong side of it at all. Infact for testing I have been playing scenes at reference level and they sound way more comfortable for longer sessions. :)

Honestly, after installation, first level calibration and listening them in about 20 movies so far ... I can tell you, they aren't "bright" to the wrong side of it at all. Infact for testing I have been playing scenes at reference level and they sound way more comfortable for longer sessions. :)
After calibration they won't be bright.

Congratulations for your new speakers :)

Considering the price of the equipment chosen I think the cost distribution is not so good. I am not sure about the overall project cost, but roughly it will be around 20-22L min. So when you calculate in reverse, for a project costs ~22L is using only an AVR and just 2 subs. Moreover from the 3d image the acoustics and the room is not designed properly too.
Sir, advise on how to improve it

Sir, advise on how to improve it
Hi Sir,
Lot's of scope for improvement, as you can see from above messages.
I'd suggest making a separate thread.
Not only will it get better response (Maybe after new year), but it will be all very valuable inputs from esteemed FMs.
Regards
PS: It is a great space and a good budget. I'd say go slow.

A professional theater build starts with the detailed plan from finding the best seating locations based on the room modes and only once it is finalised we can think about the screen size, speaker locations and acoustics plan, equipment and speakers are chosen only once the initial plan is over. Almost 70% of a theater build is planning and designing that can be simulated using several softwares, once its ready then its easy to implement and will be very cost effective too. For this budget we can get a pretty good setup with separates and poweramps, the difference will be night and day. Most builds in India fail in the design itself
Sir, one constraint is i have 2 gym equipment in my ht room.please suggest a designer who can do the planning.am a novice at this am seeking help .

Hi Sir,
Lot's of scope for improvement, as you can see from above messages.
I'd suggest making a separate thread.
Not only will it get better response (Maybe after new year), but it will be all very valuable inputs from esteemed FMs.
Regards
PS: It is a great space and a good budget. I'd say go slow.
Can u guide me start a new thread sir

Can u guide me start a new thread sir
Of course, doc!
Go to home page and see the orange in the top right corner (pic 1)
And then once you click on it, choose what should I buy (pic 2)
Thank you for your service.
And a happy New Year!

Attachments

• Post thread.jpg
    Post thread.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9
  • What should I buy.jpg
    What should I buy.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 9
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back