Upgrading to Yamaha MX-A5200

@efernand1 Yes, I'm playing a lot with the settings now to see what sounds good to "me". In the process I also discovered a web interface for my AVR so now its much easier to tweak something instead of firing up the projector to the on-screen settings.

BTW, for music for quite a few songs with the lot of bass, I prefer the pure-direct option as it produces less boomy bass. Please note, the sub is still active in pure-direct for two channel audio.

ok...at the end of the day..what sounds great for your ears stick with it...thats what most of us do....occasionally you can explore with settings

In pure direct mode if the source does not have LFE recordings you wont get any bass from the sub atleast that is how it is in my denon 4500. I play music in direct and pure direct mode. I use airplay in my Iphone and the subwoofer doesnt work in direct and pure direct mode

For me, even in pure direct mode the sub workings as the front speakers are set to small and LFE is set to LFE+main for 2ch channel playback. I tried with Airplay as well, I do see sub active and can hear it working.

For me, even in pure direct mode the sub workings as the front speakers are set to small and LFE is set to LFE+main for 2ch channel playback. I tried with Airplay as well, I do see sub active and can hear it working.
Yeah wen set to lfe+ main the subwoofer will work. It applies in all avr’s

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back