Upgrading Yamaha 459 to 663

sud98

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my yamaha rx v459 to 663. Would amp dealers typically do such deals or is one better off trying to sell the 459 in the second hand market. As I am planning to upgrade my speakers, I think the 459 will be limiting my choice of speakers and hence want to look at a more flexible avr package. Please give your inputs.

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my yamaha rx v459 to 663. Would amp dealers typically do such deals or is one better off trying to sell the 459 in the second hand market. As I am planning to upgrade my speakers, I think the 459 will be limiting my choice of speakers and hence want to look at a more flexible avr package. Please give your inputs.

Well sud, i don't think many of the dealers out there would give u an exchange offer, especially on an avr. U r better off selling it first, u can offer it to the forum members too, i think many will be interested.
You can also take a look at the pioneer 1018 and denon 1909, these offer better bang for your buck, but the yamaha sounds pretty good, has a good dynamic range. Pioneer sounds as good and has better upscaling(the yam just de-interlaces 480i analog signals). The yamaha is priced exorbitantly here in india, so you are better off with the pioneer.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back