Upgrading...

Ganeshvm

Hi, I am keen to upgrade my speakers and Amp. Looking at MBL 126 and Passlabs Int 150. Pls share your opinion and about their availability in India.

Try Hegel H360 ,I know the dealers details in India, I don't know about pass labs availability in India

Hi, I am keen to upgrade my speakers and Amp. Looking at MBL 126 and Passlabs Int 150. Pls share your opinion and about their availability in India.
I guess you would have visited MBL website to check if have a distributor available in India.
Here is the link to their distributor in India:

What has prompted you to choose these speakers ?

All the best!

Thanks for the replies.

I did check, but they are yet to get the speakers due to current pandemic situation. Was wondering if there is any other alternative.

I listened to MBLs in Singapore and found them amazing. Pls share your thoughts.

Have you checked with the previous MBL distributor, The Audio People. They might have some NOS.
Reg Pass Labs, Absolute Phase, Bangalore is the Distributor. Prithvi a nice gentleman to talk with , he also deals with Devore fidelity , a speaker you should audition.

Have you checked with the previous MBL distributor, The Audio People. They might have some NOS.
Reg Pass Labs, Absolute Phase, Bangalore is the Distributor. Prithvi a nice gentleman to talk with , he also deals with Devore fidelity , a speaker you should audition.
Thanks very much, will call Prithvi. And Audio People also.

Before you buy any speakers know your room acoustics well. If the bass becomes boomy in your room then don’t go for speakers that are bass heavy. If the treble is weak in your room then you might wanna buy speakers which are on the bright side. What sounded great in Singapore may not necessarily be the right one for you. My personal favorite is Canton. A few people on the net claim to be the dealers of these German speakers; you will have to find if they are genuine. Happy hunting!

Before you buy any speakers know your room acoustics well. If the bass becomes boomy in your room then don’t go for speakers that are bass heavy. If the treble is weak in your room then you might wanna buy speakers which are on the bright side. What sounded great in Singapore may not necessarily be the right one for you. My personal favorite is Canton. A few people on the net claim to be the dealers of these German speakers; you will have to find if they are genuine. Happy hunting!
Thanks for your input. Will keep in mind. Aside from auditioning, almost all reviews talk about possible lack of bass with MBL 126 due to their size etc. They could sound bright if partnered with some electronics, some have commented. So, will surely look at these and won't rush in.

I notice second part of your request has already been responded to.

If you meant to ask about the SQ: well that's beyond reproach. The radialstrahlers are amazing! There is nothing I can fault about them, except the fact that they are omni-directional. That can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Speakers themselves play composed, very articulated, and extremely refined if you know what you should do with them.

You would need to pay attention to partnering kit though. They will highlight it if your upstream components are not up to the task. Amplifier needs to have power reserves as well. MBLs best play together within the family.

It would help or even be mandatory that the room has some treatment. And they won't play well in large rooms, specially for large orchestral music.

Last edited:
I notice second part of your request has already been responded to.

If you meant to ask about the SQ: well that's beyond reproach. The radialstrahlers are amazing! There is nothing I can fault about them, except the fact that they are omni-directional. That can be a good thing or a bad thing.

Speakers themselves play composed, very articulated, and extremely refined if you know what you should do with them.

You would need to pay attention to partnering kit though. They will highlight it if your upstream components are not up to the task. Amplifier needs to have power reserves as well. MBLs best play together within the family.

It would help or even be mandatory that the room has some treatment. And they won't play well in large rooms, specially for large orchestral music.
Thanks, will ensure no weakling in the link :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back