UPS for Epson TW 3600 Projector

orthopod

Hi
My Ht set up is all ready & running, but haven't bought a UPS , which i believe is a must.
Which one should i buy, this is only for the projector

In my case, my inverter takes over the load without any issue. Don't really need a separate UPS.

I used a BackUPS 650 for my Panny AE 100 and it worked very well no problem at all. I now use a HUGE SmartUPS 3000VA online for my entire HT rig- prepro, amp, sub, media player, pj. It has enough back up time that allows me to continue watching for 15-20 mins or more even when power goes off!

Hi Orthopod,

You need to consider couple of things, before deciding on UPS.

1. Are you using or do you plan to use inverter?
2. Are you planning to use only the projector on the UPS?

If answer to Question 1 is yes, then make sure your inverter load is higher than UPS. This is because if you face power cut and your UPS load is greater than inverter, then your inverter wont be able to take the UPS load and will shutoff.

If you cannot avoid this, then one option, just make sure your UPS is on a separate phase line and not on the inverter line. So that in case of power cut, only your UPS will be active and the projector will last till UPS backup.

If you plan to use projector only on UPS, then make sure your UPS can take near about twice that load. I'd presume atleast 1 KV should be fine, most projectors output is near about 250-300W max.

Try to go for online UPS, they have better charging and offer better backup mechanism than offline ones. It will also give you a display about load information etc.

I've taken a 1 KV Champion UPS.

Hope this helps.

Neo.

Hi Orthopod,

You need to consider couple of things, before deciding on UPS.

1. Are you using or do you plan to use inverter?
2. Are you planning to use only the projector on the UPS?

If you plan to use projector only on UPS, then make sure your UPS can take near about twice that load. I'd presume atleast 1 KV should be fine, most projectors output is near about 250-300W max.

Try to go for online UPS, they have better charging and offer better backup mechanism than offline ones. It will also give you a display about load information etc.

I've taken a 1 KV Champion UPS.

Hope this helps.

Neo.

Hi,

I will be going for option 2 (separate line for projector) for optoma HD20(308 Watts (Bright), 254 Watts (STD)

I am thinking about APC projector normally used for desktops.

APC BACK-UPS ES 700VA 230V INDIA

Will not this be sufficient?

I am using V-Guard Legend Dx1000 UPS(1000 VA) for my EPSON 3600. Cost me around 4.8k. V-Guard has good service facility.2yrs warranty incl battery.

Back