Ups or inverter?

Love4sound

I use a denon 2400 with surge protector nd a voltage stabilizer. I do have power cuts time to time nd I am very much worried if this may affect my avr. So I am very much confused on what to use. An inverter or an offline ups. Can someone guide me please?

I have had APC UPS in my rig, and a el cheapo reliance POC surge protecto/distribution thing. I disconnected the UPS recently after FM @drkrack visited. I should have done that a long while back, I find I like the sound better without it (for the past few months I had my pre- hooked up to the UPS)

I am waiting to try a power regulator. I have a serious issue with random power cuts and have not figured out a solution. I was thinking of an online UPS but now I am not sure if I want one, I need one though.

ciao
gr

I have had APC UPS in my rig, and a el cheapo reliance POC surge protecto/distribution thing. I disconnected the UPS recently after FM @drkrack visited. I should have done that a long while back, I find I like the sound better without it (for the past few months I had my pre- hooked up to the UPS)

I am waiting to try a power regulator. I have a serious issue with random power cuts and have not figured out a solution. I was thinking of an online UPS but now I am not sure if I want one, I need one though.

ciao
gr
Thanks for your inputs. So during power cut the avr shuts down and a Local dealer says that will spoil the circuit and I will know it in the later stages and advised me to get a ups. Another dealer says don’t get a ups that will spoil the speakers and to go for inverter. And in so many forums it is mentioned the avr does restart during power cuts when used with an inverter meaning the inverter fails to fulfil my requirement

Another dealer says don’t get a ups that will spoil the speakers and to go for inverter.
Ask that dealer how a UPS will affect speakers. AFAIK, the UPS doesn't directly drive the speakers, so if anything were to get spoilt by a UPS it would have to be the AVR.

I'm in a similar situation currently. I've got the TV+AVR+MeidaPlayer+NAS etc setup, frequent power cuts is the problem in this part of the town. DG takes over during the power cuts but it takes less than a minute or so. That means, each powercut the devices will be abruptly shutdown twice.
I was thinking of getting a 660w APC line interactive UPS. Can someone help me if thats the best budget solution at the moment? I read about the static stabilizer etc. but those would be very costly and big scale implementation.
The APC UPS, although not online, provides automatic voltage regulation as well so does a bit of stabilizer job as well. I will have to get two of them for two similar setup or just leave the old setup (Old TV+AVR+mediaplayer) on stabilizer only since it's used only for casual TV watching.
Thanks.

I use a SuKam dedicated 2 KVA Inverter that runs on UPS mode and I power all my AV + computer devices using that. The inverter is dedicated to power my office where my Stereo sits & my HT/Drawing room where my AVR sits. The only thing that doesn't have power from the inverter is the Subwoofer in the HT setup. I have been running my devices like this for a few years and I have had no issues.

I have been using an inverter and connected the AV equipment (TV, AVR, IA, STB. Apple TV) to stabilizer as well. Inverter is Sukam and Stabilizer is Premier. Haven't had challenges

Hey I have never used UPS. FM suggest to use sine wave type.Let other confirm. In Mumbai,there used to be powercut but my Yamaha lasted for 7yrs. :)
Yeah, sine wave devices is the one to go for. The device I linked to is more of a stabiliser and not UPS.

I'm in a similar situation currently. I've got the TV+AVR+MeidaPlayer+NAS etc setup, frequent power cuts is the problem in this part of the town. DG takes over during the power cuts but it takes less than a minute or so. That means, each powercut the devices will be abruptly shutdown twice.
I was thinking of getting a 660w APC line interactive UPS. Can someone help me if thats the best budget solution at the moment? I read about the static stabilizer etc. but those would be very costly and big scale implementation.
The APC UPS, although not online, provides automatic voltage regulation as well so does a bit of stabilizer job as well. I will have to get two of them for two similar setup or just leave the old setup (Old TV+AVR+mediaplayer) on stabilizer only since it's used only for casual TV watching.
Thanks.
Just for the sound rig such as AVR and media player you could try a luminous inverter plus battery for 1kva capacity. The AVR when abruptly shuts down might not let you to reduce speaker volume instantly and thats why an inverter can come in handy. There may be a beep sound during powercuts when the circuitry changes to inverter mode and so during nights it might wake you up. So better is to switch it off during nights when you go to bed.

Point to note: Speaker coils cant handle sudden bursts of higher volume and thats the problem here, not for the AVR.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back