• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Ups or inverter?

Luxman Amplifiers India

Love4sound

I use a denon 2400 with surge protector nd a voltage stabilizer. I do have power cuts time to time nd I am very much worried if this may affect my avr. So I am very much confused on what to use. An inverter or an offline ups. Can someone guide me please?

sound_cycle

I have had APC UPS in my rig, and a el cheapo reliance POC surge protecto/distribution thing. I disconnected the UPS recently after FM @drkrack visited. I should have done that a long while back, I find I like the sound better without it (for the past few months I had my pre- hooked up to the UPS)

I am waiting to try a power regulator. I have a serious issue with random power cuts and have not figured out a solution. I was thinking of an online UPS but now I am not sure if I want one, I need one though.

ciao
gr

Upvote 0

Love4sound

I have had APC UPS in my rig, and a el cheapo reliance POC surge protecto/distribution thing. I disconnected the UPS recently after FM @drkrack visited. I should have done that a long while back, I find I like the sound better without it (for the past few months I had my pre- hooked up to the UPS)

I am waiting to try a power regulator. I have a serious issue with random power cuts and have not figured out a solution. I was thinking of an online UPS but now I am not sure if I want one, I need one though.

ciao
gr
Thanks for your inputs. So during power cut the avr shuts down and a Local dealer says that will spoil the circuit and I will know it in the later stages and advised me to get a ups. Another dealer says don’t get a ups that will spoil the speakers and to go for inverter. And in so many forums it is mentioned the avr does restart during power cuts when used with an inverter meaning the inverter fails to fulfil my requirement

Upvote 0

jsmithe

Another dealer says don’t get a ups that will spoil the speakers and to go for inverter.
Ask that dealer how a UPS will affect speakers. AFAIK, the UPS doesn't directly drive the speakers, so if anything were to get spoilt by a UPS it would have to be the AVR.

Upvote 0