upscalers for sd to hd convertion

any details regarding dvdo edge which upconverts any source to hd , [/url]

This uses the same technology that is in the Oppo 983. This should cost you between 50 to 60K and is being distributed by Soundsmiths.

Unless you have a large number of sources, such a product will be an overkill. What do we usually have? A DVD Player, and a STB/DTH. A good AVR with similar technology can handle that.

Beside that, the DVDO is an excellent product. If you are looking at scaling a large number of inputs all to HD at 1080p, it is a ideal choice.

Cheers

The Oppo upcoming blu ray player will have the Anchorbay 2010 chipset which is in the latest dvdo upscaler in the market.

hi thx for reply

but i am looking for upscaler mainly for bigtv , as i have a 42 inches sharp 42a83 lcd.

This uses the same technology that is in the Oppo 983. This should cost you between 50 to 60K and is being distributed by Soundsmiths.

Unless you have a large number of sources, such a product will be an overkill. What do we usually have? A DVD Player, and a STB/DTH. A good AVR with similar technology can handle that.

Beside that, the DVDO is an excellent product. If you are looking at scaling a large number of inputs all to HD at 1080p, it is a ideal choice.

Cheers

Is there other cheap upscaler Device other than AVR?
In India we get many Local converters(vz.AV to RF)
Hope we can get HDMI upscaler to

Any reasonable DVD should upscale in addition to AVRs. I have a Samsung upscaling DVD which does a nie job on legit (not copies) DVDs. I also have an Oppo 981 which does a better job than the Samsung but again for legit ones.

Don't worrya bout dropping lots of Rs. for an AVR to upscale. In fact it is easier for DVDs to do this job since their firmware can be upgraded easily and more often than AVRs.

Is there other cheap upscaler Device other than AVR?
In India we get many Local converters(vz.AV to RF)
Hope we can get HDMI upscaler to

Most budget DVD players do it these days. My Philips DVP3986 (costs around 4K) does it though not in the league of the Oppo. It all comes down to the chip being used.

Don't worrya bout dropping lots of Rs. for an AVR to upscale. In fact it is easier for DVDs to do this job since their firmware can be upgraded easily and more often than AVRs.

True, Marsilians. But, babu is looking at scaling BigTV signals. A DVD Player can inly scale inputs from the DVD that is played on it. It cannot accept any external signal and scale it. If you want to do that, you have three options:

1. Allow the TV to scale the signal.
2. USe an AVR that can accept signals from more than one source and scale it.
3. Use an external scaler such as the DVDO that can scale literally anything.

Babu, I was not able to get the specs for your Sharp 42A83. The Sharp website is very very slow and has Flash graphics all over. If your TV can scale that may be the best option. We have discussed this elsewhere, but Indian TV signals are not yet of the quality where they can be scaled to 1080P. If your TV scales to 720P or 1080i, it may be best to leave it at that.

There are a number of scalers available in the world at various price points. But if you are looking at something like the VRS Technology or the Reon processing, I am afraid they will be expensive. Scalers or de-interlacers using Fardoudja Technologies may be cheaper. Whether available in India? That can only be found after some hard work of checking with various dealers.

Babu what AVR do you have? Can you not scale the TV signals through that?

Cheers

Hi Venkat

Thats why I said "in addition to" re: upscaling. In the receivers I have seen thus far only the more expensive ones do a good job (near the top of line Onkyo, Yamaha and Denon) in that order of preference for mid-fi components.

Also I would be a bit suspect of 3rd party upscalers (though it is my personal opinion after seeing acouple on the past year). Either let the AVR or DVD do the job.

TVs don't necessarily upscale as their video circuitry does not allow for too much options. They will have done a good job if they provide 720P or 1080i support. Again, no sweat over 1080P unless you are using a PS3 for games or a blue-ray player of some kind.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back