upscaling airtel digital

theironhorse

Hi ,

i will be using airtel digital DTH with my fullhd lcd that i am purchasing in a day or two.

but still looking for perfection. is there any way i can upscale it.

also i read about the medi players like wd tv live and xtremer ( guess they upscale only videos) can they help in
dth upscaling

Last edited:
WDTV or Xtreamer will not help you in this case.

Your full-hd tv already has an upscaler inbuilt. But to get better PQ, you will need an upscaling AVR or an external upscaler which accepts component in or composite in, whatever connections the Airtel STB outputs through.

The quality of transmission of all the DTH operators in India is so poor I really have doubts what it will look like after upscalling.......

I have noticed that Video quality produced by normal cable operators are much better than by DTH. If its possible to upscale cable tv signals it will give much better video quality as it has much less compresson artifacts.

i chk the webpages... however its not available in hyderabad i will try speaking to them in mumbai...closest.... thx for the info..also if u can help me with the some independent upscalers..as dvdo edge is out of the pocket ...its the best of all but i really cant afford it at this point of time.. ne idea abt the price of the product in digital pixels

Why dont you go for SUN Direct HD they are offering 7 HD Channels including Discovry HD NatGeo HD and will soon launch ESPN HD. Thier SD Channel quality is also good infact i'm getting one next month :yahoo:.

how much is it for ..also my airtel is not very old so got another 4 months of free package..so have to stick with it for some time..later i can try...

***also i chkd in my airtel info signal shows...60-70% however pq bar shows close to 30... 1st day when the setup was done ..it was showing 100..ne idea what to be done...will it effect the pq on tv ? how to fix it...***

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back