URGENT HELP for Epson TW 8000

skdas

Need help from forum member regarding my recent problem on Epson TW 8000.

screen picture become redish -voilet .
after some time vertical green line appears ,
Total lamp hrs 2470 hrs approximately.

Screen attached. Is it a lamp problem ( i should replace?)or any other electronics issue.

Any service contact no from Bangalore to repair ?

Attachments

• DSC01101 (Medium).jpg
    DSC01101 (Medium).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Yours PJ shall go for 4,000 hours (Normal) / 5,000 hours (Eco). However we cannot predict the lamp hours.

However please remove the lamp housing and try to insert it once again and it is easier to do that. Also try to blow slowly with air to remove dust particles.

May be before the first option, try to update the firmware and check the panel alignment once again.

This is an attempting activity only and not an permanent solution.

Regards

Maybe you can try these:

Switch off your projector completely and wait for the bulb to cool off. After 15 minutes, Unplug all video cables from the back of your projector, and then reconnect them and see whether the vertical lines disappear.

Use the "Tracking" button on the control panel of the projector or remote control video menu, as this often removes the lines and fixes any de-interlacing issues.

Clean and/or replace your air filters. If the filters get dirty, air flow is reduced and the projector may overheat causing the lamp to fail.

When you turn off the projector do not unplug it until the cooling fan stops. Pulling the plug when a projector is running may cause the lamp to fail.

Turning a lamp on and off over short time periods (5 minutes or so) will contribute to early lamp failure

There could be two problems

1. The lamp (which others have given the steps).
2. Check the cable and the connector pins, just connect to some other display and check.

1. Air filter cleaned.
2. Cable replaced.
Still the problem exist,
Lamp opening and re installation is yet to do.
Found one you tube , which conclude inside broad cable looseness is the problem .. but i am afraid to go that extent.....

Probably call local Epson office and ask for any suggestions. if that does not work, ask the technician to repair it.
My suspicion is the lamp's useful life is coming to an end. I could be wrong.

Lamp remove and installed back. problem yet not fixed.No lamp warning indication, it has still high brightness in different mode.
but display color is reddish , followed by green vertical line ....... cover opening and cable looseness to be attempted..no tools now in hand ..

I would strongly suggest you NOT to open the PJ yourself.

Please visit the following service center and get their help.

Mega Systems
1 review Printer Repair Service
#01, Premier Presidency,Langford Road
098450 06893

Please DO NOT VISIT the following service center at any cost.

Peripheral Service ?
Computer Store
Address: 105, Viveknagar Main Road, Viveknagar Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560047
Phone:080 2554 6832

Peripheral Service messed my TW8000 once and I was about to junk the PJ and get a new one.

Then I got to know about Mega Systems at Langford Road (opposite St Joseph's college) and took my PJ there. To my surprise, they fixed the issues in 2 hrs. Well they couldn't fix it 100% as the damage caused by the first service center was very sever.

Also I could get the service engineer at Mega Systems to open the PJ in front of me, after I was willing to give them a written statement that I will be fully responsible for any issues arising from the repair done in front of me. Luckily, everything turned out fine.

Thanks,
John.

Hi, I need some help with my projector TW 8100. Its hardly done 1000 hours, its been two years, and the bulbs gone kaput. I stay in Thane Mumbai. Any reliable service center that you can point me to.

@skdas - Your projector's optical block has gone bad. Replacement will be expensive. Consider upgrading.
@an_and - Replace bulb?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back