Urgent Help Needed Regarding Screen Size

donno1

I am purchasing Optoma HD 65 projector. I have a limited area of 50-51 inches x 80-81 inches for putting up the projector screen. I have had the projector ceiling stand installed nearly 9.5-10 feet from the proposed screen area.

I have TATA sky installed along with a dvd player.

My query - which screen will suit me best?

16:9 screen with dimensions 76 in x 43 in
or
4:3 screen with dimensions 70 in x 50 in

I understand that most dvds come in 16:9 format while TV (Tata sky) is in 4:3 format. This is the first time i am buying a projector so i don't know too much about formats and all. The person who is selling me the hd 65 says that the projector can show both 16:9 and 4:3 formats.

Kindly reply at the earliest because I have to get the screen in a day or two to complete the installation.

Go for a 16:9 Screen as on that you will be able to watch both 16:9 contents from your DVDs as well as 4:3 contents from Tata Sky.

Go with 16:9 as that will give you more fun when watching movies on DVD.
I too have 16:9 and I watch DTH in 4:3 aspect and can also fit is the whole 16:9 but for TV watching 4:3 is preferred as all contents in 4:3

go by 16:9, Also check the TATA sky setup - under setup you should be able to change the resolution from 4:3 to widescreen.
I use Dish - this unit does have the option to change the resolution.

go by 16:9, Also check the TATA sky setup - under setup you should be able to change the resolution from 4:3 to widescreen.
I use Dish - this unit does have the option to change the resolution.

Resolution changes by this but its does so by stretching the screen. Doesn't look good. Better to keep 4:3 ratio for DTH and 16:9 for movies.

Go for 16:9 screen only though!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back