Urgent Help on Cartridge in Mumbai

I am tilting towards 44x7. The simp,e reason being, I will change my tt in about a year. So would decide on the new cartridge then.

Denzong,

The Ortofon is upgradable with styluses you can just plug in, the 30 and 40 are supposed to be good upgrades, plus you can plug in a stylus assembly for 78s too. Do consider that route too before deciding. A tough choice given the quality of both and the similar prices... :)

Regards

Hey Stevieboy

I am currently using the CNC phono stage that was put together by forum users Sachin and Omishra using a circuit design done by Hypnotoad from the Audiokarma forums.

It's a good battery powered phono stage, and you can change the loading to either 33k, 47k, and 62k i think. Although mine has been set on 47k for the 2M red I am using, and from what I have read about the DL-110, 47k is the recommended loading for that as well.

Have you heard the DL-110? How would it compare in your opinion to the 2M red?
Cheers

didn't like the M44-7, very "Plain" sound I felt.. also it was extra bassy without much detail.

Really loved the 2M red, in fact I would recommend it highly to you and can be bought from Mr Anand as well. Its got a really good sound, but I felt it was time to move on. I will be keeping that as my secondary cart on my Cosmic (my main TT is a JVC Ql-7). I've had the Red on for about 2 years now and listened to it on average 2-3 hrs a day, which adds up to a lot of hours of usage. I am starting to get a slight "shrill" effect in the mids and highs, especially with pianos and voices.

I have heard a lot of great things bout the denon, and looking forward to my first experience with an MC cart (albeit, a high output one)

Hi,
Your CNC can be used with HOMC.If you are planning to upgrade LOMC I have a circuit ready which you can compare with any high end phonostage available.Hypnotoad developed it for LOMC,its a modified version of phonoclone.You can find some information here:
DIY High or Low Ouput Moving Coil Phono Stage - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards,
Sachin

Hey Stevieboy

Have you heard the DL-110? How would it compare in your opinion to the 2M red?
Cheers

Hi Tek,

Nope not heard either, but based on their reputations online I'd take the Denon anyday. I'm saving up for the 103, else would have picked up a 110. The diamond on the 110s pretty small too so a great plus point!

Regards

i have a SYW 10% discount coupon that i can use to buy the cartridge
cant seem to find OM5E on amazon.
can someone please suggest any other from this list
Amazon.com: ortofon cartridge

or something else where i can use my coupon. the last day is 30th to use the coupons

here is a picture of my current cartridge along with head shell. by the looks of it, i feel i might have to change the head shell to as the cartridge is shouldered.
please give me a way for this and suggest what should i do now

Last edited:
Went head and bought the Ortofon OM5E yesterday from Nova Audio (btw they have shifted location)
great performance. thanks all

Hi Denzong,

Congrats on the new cart! Where has nova audio shifted to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went head and bought the Ortofon OM5E yesterday from Nova Audio (btw they have shifted location)
great performance. thanks all

How much for these beauties?

Did you listen to his CAV amps and speakers? I like the sound of the CAV speakers.
Joshua

Just received my Denon DL-110 in the mail today. Around 2 weeks delivery time from Hong Kong through a seller on ebay. No customs charged!:yahoo:

I opened it up, set it up on the TT and it's singing!! What an amazing cartridge! Now I know the problem before was my 2M Red. This thing tracks great and the best part... no more inner groove distortion!!! Need to crank it up a little bit more than the 2M red, but that's ok. I can't wait for it to burn in properly, but for now I am very happy with it. Highly recommended. Paid about Rs 7500 including shipping, etc. Great deal!

Congrats tek!

Nice cart indeed :) isn't it a great relief when you get a new cart and in addition to superb sound you also get rid of igd? :))) what's the setup tt arm?

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back