Urgent help on surge protectors

arnprasad

Hi,

My cheap 6 pin surge protector which costed me 200 bucks has melted and this time I want to go for a decent one like Belkin - preferably buy it online. I also have a UPS which hopefully will protect me from severe voltage fluctuations.

Following is what I connect to my existing cheapo surge.

1) Samsung 5 series LCD
2) Step down transformer bought in Blore SP road. This in turn supports my Pioneer 1020K and Polk PSW10 Sub woofer
3) Nintendo Wii
4) WD 2 TB hard drive
5) Philips BD player
6) Tata sky HD+
7) Output of a second surge protector which in turn supports my BSNL modem and 5-6 mobile chargers

Given the fact that replacement value of all of the above gadgets is pretty high, do not want to take any risks this time around.

Below is what I have on Letsbuy. Ideally I would want one with individual switches so that I do not let all of the be on standby and waste electricity. However the Belkins do not have that offer. Also cheaper belkins have different amps and watts compared to the costlier ones.

Surge Protector Price India - Latest Surge Protector Price in India & Free Home Delivery

I am thinking of going for the 6 or 8 pin ones.

Please let me know if I need to look out for amps and watts considering my total load on the gadgets described above. let me know of any other site/brands which are more affordable but with similar functionalities.

thanks in advance for all your help!:clapping:

Im also using the Belkin 8 pin Gold Series
Buy Accessories in India | Gold Series 8-Socket Surge Protector | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com

I have connected my LED TV, AVR Denon 1911, BD Player, Tata Sky, The Broadband Adapter, Laptop Charger, etc to it and its working absolutely fine...
The issue of 1 switch per socket would be there but I did a lil googling and found out that power consumption in standby mode is not that much for the appliances that I have connected...

This one's working fine for me.

Same here, belkin gold, bought through ebay for approx 1.5k.An alternative is
MX universal surge protector, has a switch per socket and is available in SP Road.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back