Urgent Help:Step down converter for yamaha v863 required - New Delhi

rockstar1630

I need a 220v - 110 v convertor that can handle my yamaha v 863(US Model). Please let me know the prices, contact details in New Delhi.

Get in touch with Maxine. They are reputed to make the best transformers in India. Call them and see if they have a dealer in Delhi, else pick the model you need and ask them to courier it to you.

Cheers

Apart,Yamaha rated as 440w & runs 7ch, that meens claimed 105/8ohm is not true & will distort as load?

wattage of sound output and power consumption to reproduce that level of sound are different. (IMO - Need to research about the same).

The power consumption rating on the back of power amps, receivers, etc., does not have anything to do with true watts RMS output. It is only what it said it is, a maximum power consumption from your wall inlet taken by the ditto electronics.

Some type of amps (class A, B, A/B, D, G, H, etc.) have different degree of efficiency.

Some tube amps will consume (draw) a lot of power (watts or amps) from the wall outlet, and will only deliver 2 watts of true output at the most into your speakers!

And some other type of transistor amps, class D (digital or ICE amp for example), will consume (power consumption) much less than others (class A for example), and deliver huge amouts of true RMS watts in all their channels (Pioneer Elite SC-09TX is a good example).

What comes in is not necessarely what goes out, as you can see now.
The power consumption figure on the back of electronics is becoming more and more superficial as of power output is concern.

The Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH receiver (class A/B) with 400 watts power consumption figure, is actually delivering about 70 watts RMS into 8-ohm loads at 1khz, with about 1% THD (established clipping THD point) into all seven channels driven continuously (estimation). That is pretty good if you ask me. And there is no way that in true reality, your seven channels will be driven like that from any film soundtracks.
Now, if you like using seven-channel stereo audio mode, then yes, they will be driven at full capability, but that power is mainly on peaks, not constant in actual life.
And if your speakers are very efficient (Klipsch for example), you will need only a couple watts at most to obtain a pretty loud volume level.

* Hope this gives you more understanding.

** Different manufacturers used different values for their power consumption figures, as you probably noticed. Denon, Onkyo, Marantz,... for example used A (Amps). Pioneer, Yamaha,... used Watts. And Yamaha even adds VA. In general...

Read more: Power consumption of av receivers - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum - Home Theater Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com Power consumption of av receivers - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum - Home Theater Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Taken from a website

I still beleive,power ratings are measured in perticular criteria.
It is output @ 1kh & not all freq at a time.It is mostly peak & continuous.Mostly mentioned wattage with 2 ch driven.ie if run all ch,power output can be lower than rated.
Another pt that all ch usually dont run at a time,so ideally no prob.
I have seen Onk last yr model has powersuppy more than actual output wattage mentioned.

Surround Sound A/V Receiver Buying Guide

GENERAL
Power Supply
[U.S.A. and Canada models] .............................. AC 120 V, 60 Hz
[General model]
....................................... AC 110/120/220/230240 V, 50/60 Hz
[Asia model]
...................................................... AC 220/230240 V, 50/60 Hz
[China model] .................................................... AC 220 V, 50 Hz
[Korea model] .................................................... AC 220 V, 60 Hz
[Australia model] ............................................... AC 240 V, 50 Hz
[U.K., Europe, and Russia models] .................... AC 230 V, 50 Hz
Power Consumption
[U.S.A. and Canada models] ................................. 400 W/500 VA
[Other models] ................................................................... 440 W
Standby Power Consumption
[U.S.A. and Canada models] .................................... 0.8 W or less
[Other models] ......................................................... 0.1 W or less
Maximum Power Consumption [General model only]
6ch, 10% THD ................................................................... 850 W
AC Outlets
[U.S.A., Canada, and China models]
.......................................................... 2 (Total 100 W maximum)
[Asia, General, Europe, and Russia models]
............................................................ 2 (Total 50 W maximum)
[Australia and U.K. models] ........................ 1 (100 W maximum)
Dimensions (W x H x D) ................................ 435 x 171 x 393 mm
(17-1/8 x 6-3/4 x 15-1/2 in)
Weight ............................................................. 11.9 kg (26 lbs 4 oz)

This is what the manual states. Mine is a US model. But for general model max consumption is rated at 850w.

Well see the distortion @ max power,its 10%.It is short term power.(120w/ch @ 6ohm
So if want to enjoy THD 0.06% as manual, AVR shld be with moderate vol with all ch.
So per ch can be 80w with 5.1config.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back