usage hours of your new TV

rav11stars

Hey guys,

I got a new LG 49LF6300 this saturday. On checking I found that the 'total power on time' of the unit was 33 hours. I called up the dealer and here's the conversation.

ME : Although Monday was a holiday, I left a message. You didn't even respond. Maybe the deal is done and so you didn't bother.

SA : arey, No Sir, not at all. I didn't notice.

ME : you sold me a demo or a customer-returned TV. The usage on the panel shows a 'total powered on time' of 33 hours.

SA : No Sir. You are a valued customer. If you remember I told you that there are no units in the warehouse and I have to book a unit for you. The unit that was delivered to you was a fresh one.

Regarding the usage hours, I earlier checked with the engineers during a factory visit. I was told that the new LED and OLED Tvs have to be switched on for a certain period to test them. I observed that the usage of OLEDs run upto 200 hours.

ME : I'm not convinced with this reasoning. I'm not happy.

SA : Sir, I assure you that it's a fresh unit. If you're not satisfied, I'll replace the unit.

----

Now, my question to all the experts is, do you think this is true? Do you all check the usage hours? Most importantly can I request members to post the

TV model - usage hours

if you've noted it once you bought the TV.

Note : This is already under discussion in another thread. I created a new thread for visibility and wider audience.

Thanks,
Ravi

Last edited:
Hi,

It is good you reached out and have some documented evidence.

Better to see what the others have to say about this. After testing usually an engineer would possibly have the ability to reset the clock...

I believe the dealer is right, the companies do test the TVs to make sure there are no problems. Although I am not sure of how many hours they test the TVs for.

Hey guys,

I got a new LG 49LF6300 this saturday. On checking I found that the 'total power on time' of the unit was 33 hours. I called up the dealer and here's the conversation.

ME : Although Monday was a holiday, I left a message. You didn't even respond. Maybe the deal is done and so you didn't bother.

SA : arey, No Sir, not at all. I didn't notice.

ME : you sold me a demo or a customer-returned TV. The usage on the panel shows a 'total powered on time' of 33 hours.

SA : No Sir. You are a valued customer. If you remember I told you that there are no units in the warehouse and I have to book a unit for you. The unit that was delivered to you was a fresh one.

Regarding the usage hours, I earlier checked with the engineers during a factory visit. I was told that the new LED and OLED Tvs have to be switched on for a certain period to test them. I observed that the usage of OLEDs run upto 200 hours.

ME : I'm not convinced with this reasoning. I'm not happy.

SA : Sir, I assure you that it's a fresh unit. If you're not satisfied, I'll replace the unit.

----

Now, my question to all the experts is, do you think this is true? Do you all check the usage hours? Most importantly can I request members to post the

TV model - usage hours

if you've noted it once you bought the TV.

Note : This is already under discussion in another thread. I created a new thread for visibility and wider audience.

Thanks,
Ravi
Hi...

Here is my case....
I booked my TV n told dealer I would return if the Tv is used, he agreed. Tv came, I switched on and found it was used 10hrs (I recorded video n photo). It didn't ask for any initial setup, directly showed home screen. Called him n sent back the Tv. That time they didn't even know how to check usage hrs (thanks to this forum).

After a week or so he arranged another one which I went to their shop n checked in front of them and found it was showing zero hrs.

Generally all TVs comes with 0 hrs (I think he is bluffing).

Did u see when u switched on ur Tv first time, it went thru series of initial setup or it just went to home screen? If they are smart it could be shown initial setup by factory resetting Tv. But I've not heard about resetting of usage hrs.

Get it replaced, you can't live or enjoy d tv with this fact known (if already initiated, then great).

Back