USB cable for my Schiit Multibit DAC

souravin

Dear friends,

I have Schiit Modi Multibit DAC and I'm using Amazon Basics USB A to B cable to connect my laptop. Now I'm wanting to upgrade. May I request your counsel on a better quality USB A to B cable around Rs. 2000?

Thanks in advance,
Sourav

Your existing cable is good enough IMO. I am using the stock cable provided with my present DAC.

I had the same DAC earlier and tried Pangea, HP Printer cable, Amazon basics, and Belkin gold. It could be my ears, but I couldn't make out any difference.

So Dada, sit back, relax and enjoy the music. Very nice gear you got. :)

Dear friends,

I have Schiit Modi Multibit DAC and I'm using Amazon Basics USB A to B cable to connect my laptop. Now I'm wanting to upgrade. May I request your counsel on a better quality USB A to B cable around Rs. 2000?

Thanks in advance,
Sourav
I use the Schiit pyst with gumby. I have tried a couple of other cables. They made no difference to me. Based on my experience i suggest just get a decent well made one. If you can hear a SQ gain in your system in your room with your rig, spend the big bucks. after hearing it.

Ciao
GR

Check if it is not gen 5 usb on your dac, then it will be better to move away from usb to coax. You may want to consider Eitr.

If gen 5 already then you should not worry about usb cable, in my opinion.

Check if it is not gen 5 usb on your dac, then it will be better to move away from usb to coax. You may want to consider Eitr.

If gen 5 already then you should not worry about usb cable, in my opinion.
don't think gen5 is supported in Modi

Afaik, usb Gen 5 is now standard on new schiit Bifrost, Gungnir and Yggdrasil. They have an upgrade USB gen 5 upgrade board for older versions of these with USB 1, 2 and 3 gen. Modi multibit has C-Media CM6631A USB which is Gen 2.

Dear friends,

Thanks in advance,
Sourav
I have experience with this particular cable from Aliexpress China. It's based on QED's reference line up of Silver lined cables. I noticed a good deal of improvement compared to my stock cable esp. in regard to the soundstage when using with my RME ADI-2 DAC. Here's the link --- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004894685.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2b134c4dve0lly

I have experience with this particular cable from Aliexpress China. It's based on QED's reference line up of Silver lined cables. I noticed a good deal of improvement compared to my stock cable esp. in regard to the soundstage when using with my RME ADI-2 DAC. Here's the link --- https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33004894685.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2b134c4dve0lly
Hi. I have the rme dac too. Using stock cable, quite happy. Could be the rest of the gear as well. The link which you sent, looks good. Worth a try. Basically looking for a heavy duty cable than the stock one. Thanks.

Afaik, usb Gen 5 is now standard on new schiit Bifrost, Gungnir and Yggdrasil. They have an upgrade USB gen 5 upgrade board for older versions of these with USB 1, 2 and 3 gen. Modi multibit has C-Media CM6631A USB which is Gen 2.
Hmm what is this gen 5? Does it improve the performance?

MaSh

Haven't heard gen 5, and moreover I think my old ears wouldn't know the difference......surely other FM's can chime in.

Hmm what is this gen 5? Does it improve the performance?

MaSh
Something to do with clocking/re-clocking and noise isolation.
So you may want to confirm that your ears can pickup alleged noise and alleged misnehavior.
If not, blissfully use a good printer cable (Belkin or similar)
Cheers,
Raghu

Haven't heard gen 5, and moreover I think my old ears wouldn't know the difference......surely other FM's can chime in.
I assure it was a clear distinct difference, a desirable cannot live without type of one at the - older ears even then :) and then without the LPS , I was moving from optical over glass to Eitr with Pyst.
ciao
gr

Something to do with clocking/re-clocking and noise isolation.
So you may want to confirm that your ears can pickup alleged noise and alleged misnehavior.
If not, blissfully use a good printer cable (Belkin or similar)
Cheers,
Raghu

He he I doubt. Although I use an Audio quest jitterbug with a usb cable that had come with am smsl sanskrit dac.

However, I am intending to switch to optical input, will check how it goes.

MaSh

I have supra hi end cable (Made in sweden) with original box used for 2 months. If u want let me know

With my experience with various DACs, I can confidently say and assure that coax is better than USB but of course for some who use DSD content may not want to switch. I can say this that with USB you are not hearing what your DAC is capable of.

Gen 5 USB is way way better than Gen 2 in terms of sound quality. Also, Gen 2 forced me to use a powered USB hub between phone and DAC but with Gen 5, simply plug your Android/iPhone and enjoy the music in purest form.

I assure it was a clear distinct difference, a desirable cannot live without type of one at the - older ears even then :) and then without the LPS , I was moving from optical over glass to Eitr with Pyst.
ciao
gr
This Eitr thingy is certainly very intriguing. Now won't we come back to which coax cable would be good...:D. Any Eitr alternative?. Thanks.

This Eitr thingy is certainly very intriguing. Now won't we come back to which coax cable would be good...:D. Any Eitr alternative?. Thanks.

There are alternatives but they cost more than Eitr and in my opinion cannot match Eitr.

As for cables, they can improve things but cannot make a day/night kind of difference.

To come out of cable syndrome, though a boorish way of doing this but if you can manage and ignore aesthetics, you can use something like this :). https://www.sfcable.com/rca-coupler...WkJWhrZN68uw7brNwM989cpV_P-inSF8aAqVLEALw_wcB

I am not preaching, I have same arrangement in my system.

There are alternatives but they cost more than Eitr and in my opinion cannot match Eitr.

As for cables, they can improve things but cannot make a day/night kind of difference.

To come out of cable syndrome, though a boorish way of doing this but if you can manage and ignore aesthetics, you can use something like this :). https://www.sfcable.com/rca-coupler...WkJWhrZN68uw7brNwM989cpV_P-inSF8aAqVLEALw_wcB

I am not preaching, I have same arrangement in my system.
You mean...one end goes into Eitr and the other to the DAC.....kind of a physical hard connection?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back