USB Connection options for DAC

Can you share the official link for the software?
I have tried USB connections in the past and they have given me unsatisfactory results on my Schiit Modi Uber 2.

Nothing to do with Macs. It’s to do with poor USB and clock implementation on entry level to midrange DACs.
hi,

I have Tidal subscription and would like to play files from my ipad.

What would be the best way to have decent streaming.

USB can technically send the highest possible dsd or pcm stream and its decoding is only limited by your source and DAC hardware.
And that’s where the challenge is. As most entry level to midrange DACs (costing till 70-80K inr ) do not have good USB implementation. You’ll get many high end DAC owners talking about this in the forum.

I am using my Zen DAc which only has a USB connection. It's pretty good. Win 10 though.

I am using my Zen DAc which only has a USB connection. It's pretty good. Win 10 though.
Hi, I just got a audiolab 8200 cd and trying to connect my pc through usb. My pc is running on win7 and it's not recognising my dac. I know win10 is different but did you install any drivers for taking usb audio out?

Hi, I just got a audiolab 8200 cd and trying to connect my pc through usb. My pc is running on win7 and it's not recognising my dac. I know win10 is different but did you install any drivers for taking usb audio out?
Yes. Zen Dac requires its drivers to be installed for windows.

Yes. Zen Dac requires its drivers to be installed for win 10.
Oh ok. There's no driver for mine as per the manual, still it's not getting recognised. Tried after updating my audio driver (realtek hd audio), still rh issue is not resolved.

I tried the above mentioned drivers and it didn’t work. Later I updated usb drivers and the dac got recognised. After 2 days of trying, finally made it to work . Currently playing from iTunes.

The issue started to come up again. I tried connecting my PC and iPad()and it’s not getting recognised by dac. Looks like a issue with usb cable.

if anyone is taking digital out of their iPad, can you please share what cables are you using or recommend any good cables within the budget of 2K.

I faced similar issue when I tried connecting my android mobile to my DAC using an adaptor (third party) provided with my macbook pro. It worked for sometime and then later when i tried reconnecting it was not able to recognised by the dac. So considering these scenarios a direct type c to type A is a better option to overcome these struggles.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back