USB Media Player - Dolby Vision, Atmos & dtsX

k2max6

Buying advice needed
I got a new tv X9500 with eARC and samsung Q950T atmos/ dtsX soundbar.
The android is laggy when it comes to play remuxes.
Is there any media player that supports all three or if not Dolby Vision ; HDR is fine.

Getting a shield is difficult in these times because no one is travelling.

Apple TV 4K is easily available but then will have to run PLEX and the network suffers a bit when the remux plays.Plus will have to use laptop as a server and turn it on every-time
I’ve read about himedia in some posts.

Please recommend a reliable player.
Or can I buy shield 2019 in India?

Buying advice needed
Is there any media player that supports all three or if not Dolby Vision ; HDR is fine.

Apple TV 4K is easily available but then will have to run PLEX and the network suffers a bit when the remux plays.Plus will have to use laptop as a server and turn it on every-time

I am using himedia q5 pro it is an excellent media player (for your local content and not advisable for online streaming) can bitstream dolby atmos and dts x.
Hdr is supported but DV support is not there.

I am using himedia q5 pro it is an excellent media player (for your local content and not advisable for online streaming) can bitstream dolby atmos and dts x.
Hdr is supported but DV support is not there.
I need it for local usb playback only. I think it looks good, but doesn’t it have pretty old android version?
Also which app do you use to play the media?
Is it stable with playing remuxes 60-80GB? Its written it plays BD-ISO as well.
Is q10 worth the extra money?

Nividia shield is the best for local play back it has usb, I am using apple tv to play local content from PC using infuse app which is really good, but no atmos support, infuse can direct play from shared folder.

I need it for local usb playback only. I think it looks good, but doesn’t it have pretty old android version?
1. For usb playback it will work.
2. Ya android 7 but it not an issue IMO. Since your going use it for local playback
3. Having it's own app called media player (it will play what ever you through at it)
4. I have played 80gb BD-iso i have not found any issue.
5. It plays bd-iso but in some case the BD menu will not work.
6. Main differences are q10 pro has hdd slot and 16gb storage. If you are going to connect you internal hdd then q10 is what you required otherwise q5 pro will do.
Regards
Harish S

Got Himedia Q10pro for brief period and it fails to play few 4k remux files( Just white screen with Audio) tried all possibilities which did not help.Finally i returned it back and settled with Zidoo Z10.Got to know this issue is specific to Himedia models.
Note - Zidoo Z10 plays those files flawlessly.

Buying advice needed

There is a forum for Himedia android box please go through if your planning to buying it.

Regards
Harish S

Its strange that even my basic LG 4K TV & OLED can play the heaviest files HDR or Dolby Vision without a fuss and Sony struggles, so does samsung.

Got Himedia Q10pro for brief period and it fails to play few 4k remux files( Just white screen with Audio) tried all possibilities which did not help.Finally i returned it back and settled with Zidoo Z10.Got to know this issue is specific to Himedia models.
Note - Zidoo Z10 plays those files flawlessly.
Its showing 32k pricetag for zidoo z10 at avstore.in . How about XBOX Series S or PS5 Digital edition. Just asking not going to spend this much.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back