USB to HDMI

saikatbiswas82

I have a very old laptop. For obvious reasons, the manufacturer (Sony) did not provide any HDMI port (donno why???!!!). :mad:
As I am planning to build my HTPC in few months, I did not want to invest extra money on any media player.
I was looking for a permanent solution to get A/V output through USB port (basically a USB 2.0 to HDMI converter), so that I could use with my laptop and my old desktop pc as well (this also has no HDMI port). Finally I came across Cable Matters Premium USB 2.0 to HDMI converter.

I ordered it last week and I received this today.

After reaching home I connected this USB to HDMI adapter with laptop and hdmi cable to my AVR. There is distinct improvement in audio quality :)yahoo:) over my past setup (previously I was using 3.5 audio extension cable and Cambridge Audio 2PH/3.5mm Audio Cable).

As of now, I don't have a HDTV. So, couldn't test the video performance. :sad:. Will update about the video quality later.

One more thing, this adapter cannot send 5.1 or DTS-HD or DTS-HD master audio over USB (read HDMI :)). It sends only stereo output over the USB adapter.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back