USB vs iphone

superman20

Hey guys. I just have a quick question and would be grateful if someone can provide help

Right, I have sony xav 602bt car stereo and often makes use of the it's front USB port to play my music stored of the flash drive. This has been working great but having to add new music to the flash drive imposed considerable effort and so I've decided to use to my iphone 6s as substitute. Both play well but I find that the flash drive has that extra edge, in that it provides a more crisp (just by a teeny amount) audio quality compared to my iphone 6s (even though both external sources are connected by USB to the car stereo).

Question
1) Theoretically, would there be any difference in the sound quality between flash drive vs iphone 6s (even when both are connected by USB to car stereo)

Would be great if someone can get back to me. Cheers.

The sony xav 602bt bypasses the built in Ipod/iphone Dac and hence the sound quality from USB or Iphone should not differ theoretically. However one has to ensure the source song or material has to be identical to do the comparison in both USB and Iphone..

Also the DAC bypass function will only work if you use your lighting connector. connecting the iphone through its 3.5mm jack through Aux Input on the HU will surely deteriorate sound quality. Hope this helps.

The sony xav 602bt bypasses the built in Ipod/iphone Dac and hence the sound quality from USB or Iphone should not differ theoretically. However one has to ensure the source song or material has to be identical to do the comparison in both USB and Iphone..

Also the DAC bypass function will only work if you use your lighting connector. connecting the iphone through its 3.5mm jack through Aux Input on the HU will surely deteriorate sound quality. Hope this helps.

I am not sure, but guess he is using the lightning connector as he says that he is using the USB in both case. So I dont think any AQ difference should be noticed

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back