Used English Vinyl in Mumbai

Saurabh

Dear FM,

Could you help me, where I could find affordable second hand english records in Mumbai.
Few contacts I am already aware of, stall/shop near CST, Bhindi bazaar shops etc.

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

:)

Dear FM,

Could you help me, where I could find affordable second hand english records in Mumbai.
Few contacts I am already aware of, stall/shop near CST, Bhindi bazaar shops etc.

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

:)
You may also contact Suresh Babu of vinylworld.in. His shop is in navi mumbai. You can also search online. He has good number of English vinyl & goes on adding on regular basis.

Contact Music Circle, at V Mall, Kandivali. Pilak Bhatt 9820365979 - the largest collection in Bombay

Five minutes down the road is Jitender Savla 8976698003 ,
Thanks. any body have any suggestion for sellers in bhindi bazaar, have heard there is a guy called Ismail??

Thanks. any body have any suggestion for sellers in bhindi bazaar, have heard there is a guy called Ismail??
There are two shops in Chor Bazaar (Mutton Street) very close to one another.. One is called Haji Ebrahim Record Store (Prop. Ghulam, 9224703063), and the other is Haji Ibrahim Record Store (Saleem, 9022283763, 7021600475).
The condition of LPs at these two shops can be a bit iffy, but you might just get lucky.

Can you give me a ball park figure on how much each LP costs.
In Bangalore the few guys I know ask about 1500 to 3000 for english LPs. Seems a bit high I feel.

Check this site, eye watering prices, juno.co.uk. Seems like for ~3000 one can just buy new LPs.

My advice will be dont burn your fingers buying these Indian Pressing English lps. All of them have surface noise whatever condition they might be in. Its a complete waste.Burnt my fingers last few months. Yes if you have an average audio setup & ready to compromise then go for it.

Check this site, eye watering prices, juno.co.uk. Seems like for ~3000 one can just buy new LPs.
Yes they look mouthwatering from a distance.But when they arrive at your place you need to pay a fortune as Customs duties. They dont do any under declarations like many.

My advice will be dont burn your fingers buying these Indian Pressing English lps. All of them have surface noise whatever condition they might be in. Its a complete waste.Burnt my fingers last few months. Yes if you have an average audio setup & ready to compromise then go for it.
Yes you are right, there is no comparison b/w Indian & foreign press w.r.t sound, sleeve, inner sleeve quality. I can say that as over the years I have acquired lot of Indian press but later when I got foreign press of same numbers I was amazed to see the difference in quality.
@shankyys : I have sent you a pm kindly check.

I purchased all my records from discogs and eBay. Seems discogs no longer accepts orders from India. I stopped buying LPs is one year back because the customs duties were too high. On an average used lps used to cost me about 1500 to 2000 rupees inclusive of shipping and customs duty however this was a year back and the Rupee has the devalued a little bit about since then. If I have to spend rs 2000 on used records then I would personally prefer to buy them from abroad instead of the sellers in India because Indian lps will not be in good condition. Indian record shops are basically kabadiwalas who buy junk from people throwing it away and resel them at high prices.

Looks like you are starting off with Vinyl and I hope my assumption is correct. As some have suggested, Music Circle i.e. Pilak is a great place to start with.

Pricing in todays world all varies from title, pressing, condition etc as most sellers are aware of the current surge in vinyl sales.

My suggestion, enjoy this passion of vinyl and start slowly. Start with cherry picking what you would like to listen and just ensure you pick up VG+ for sleeve and media. Dont get into too much detail of pressing etc which you will eventually learn and understand and so will be their pricing.

Cheers!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back