Used Onkyo HT R390 with Sub for Mi TV

mete0ra

Dear FM's,
A very happy new year to all of you.
I've recently been bitten by the HT bug. I have been exploring a few options. I cam across an used Onkyo HT R390 AVR & it's sub. I have a 55" MI QLED & PS5.
I have a few qns.
1. The AVR has HDMI 1.4 PORTS. And my TV has 2.2 with eARC.
Can I use the AVR with the TV?
2. If yes, assuming avr is not used as video switch, but powering the speakers, pls recommend how.

3. I will mostly use the setup for playing 5.1 content from Netflix. Or 2.1 stereo.

I own a Micca MB42X set.

Dear FM's,
A very happy new year to all of you.
I've recently been bitten by the HT bug. I have been exploring a few options. I cam across an used Onkyo HT R390 AVR & it's sub. I have a 55" MI QLED & PS5.
I have a few qns.
1. The AVR has HDMI 1.4 PORTS. And my TV has 2.2 with eARC.
Can I use the AVR with the TV?
2. If yes, assuming avr is not used as video switch, but powering the speakers, pls recommend how.

3. I will mostly use the setup for playing 5.1 content from Netflix. Or 2.1 stereo.

I own a Micca MB42X set.
Hi,
Yes u can use just connect video out from onkyo to tv’s earc/arc supported hdmi port.
Make sure to turn on arc on tv and switch ur audio source in onkyo to tv audio in/arc audio (not sure about menus with onkyo but will be there) will be most likely same and it ll work.

Hi,
Yes u can use just connect video out from onkyo to tv’s earc/arc supported hdmi port.
Make sure to turn on arc on tv and switch ur audio source in onkyo to tv audio in/arc audio (not sure about menus with onkyo but will be there) will be most likely same and it ll work.
Sure. Let me get the sub and AvR, will try. Thanks.

Hi...my Dad own an onkyo and I would advise you to consider it side grade...means aiwayein Hai onkyo. Marantz would be better possibly. Harman kardon is really good for sound btw.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back