Usher SW-520 Bass Module for S520 appears officially - finally!!

psychotropic

The Usher SW-520 bass module for the S520 has appeared officially on the Usher website finally! speaker-SW-520

Does Odyssey or anyone else have any news of its release or pricing in India?

This is potentially exciting but I also suspect that these babies might be pretty expensive considering how costly the Usher subs are.

Hi
Yes, this is correct. We dont have a pair as yet. This will take a few weeks to a couple of months. I dont have pricing as yet, however from what I understand, they will be expensive (much more than the speakers) and only the gloss finish is available. They are supposed to take the performance very close to the 6 series line of Ushers. We will however price them as low as possible to enable our 520 customers to add this on.

cheers
sridhar

Hi
Yes, this is correct. We dont have a pair as yet. This will take a few weeks to a couple of months. I dont have pricing as yet, however from what I understand, they will be expensive (much more than the speakers) and only the gloss finish is available. They are supposed to take the performance very close to the 6 series line of Ushers. We will however price them as low as possible to enable our 520 customers to add this on.

cheers
sridhar

Sridhar, Psycho
I visited the site too. Confused about two things!
They come as a pair?
They are not active? Then how do you power them?
Or is it like the Rethm Sadhnas where the bass module is integrated with the single driver speaker?
Sorry for the noob questions!

They are not active. Essentially they now connect to the S520 through the bi-wiring posts and your speaker cables can be plugged into the bass module. Think of it this way - the S520 has gone from a 2-way to a 3-way speaker.

cheers

They are not active. Essentially they now connect to the S520 through the bi-wiring posts and your speaker cables can be plugged into the bass module. Think of it this way - the S520 has gone from a 2-way to a 3-way speaker.

cheers

Thanks Sridhar, for clearing the doubt so promptly. I get the idea.

Fine, so in Psychos case, will his Nad amp be good enough to power the bass modules too?

Yes, they should. How good the whole thing will sound?? I can only tell after we try it.

Sad they only will have it in the gloss finish.....it won't aesthetically match for the people like me who couldnt' afford to go for the gloss finish on the S520.....and providing a normal finish would have given us a cheaper option also. Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting for info on price and feedback on the sound. Thanks a ton Odyssey for keeping us in mind for your pricing.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back