Using a 10 year old 5.1 channel speaker system.

satan123

I recently bought a sony 4k tv.Everthing is great expect the sound. Playing movies(5.1), tv shows from thumb drive. So my point is how do i conncet the speaker system to the tv, so i can the surround sound goodness.
Solution- price should be low.

Please find out if the thumb drive will give you 5.1 surround sound. Usually it is down mixed to 2 channel

It only supports RCA inputs.

Well, if that's the case, I don't think there is any chance of getting 5.1 from external sources.
You will need to get another 5.1 system.

To my thinking, the movie experience is 50% visual and 50% aural. You've got yourself a great video display. I do hope you plan to get a proper 5.1 in the near future.
If budget is an issue, buy used here itself. Or start with an AVR and front speakers and add the rest later. Lots of people do that.

I recently bought a sony 4k tv.Everthing is great expect the sound. Playing movies(5.1), tv shows from thumb drive. So my point is how do i conncet the speaker system to the tv, so i can the surround sound goodness.
Solution- price should be low.

Sony 4K TV should have atleast optical out other than HDMI ARC port...

What is your 5.1 speakers system ?

Sir an Optical to RCA connector would be sufficient for decent Music from HT

Optical to 2 Pin RCA( Right+Left)
Optical Coaxial Toslink TO Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter | eBay

Optical to 5.1

Optical Coaxial Toslink TO Analog RCA Audio Converter Adapter | eBay

Note: The converters just do they job in their own way, But we cant expect the Big Improved Sound though.

In case you have Budget, Just spend 25-35 K on HTIB from Yamaha\Onkyo etc.

The connectors\decoders might come to the range of max 5 K.

Its a panasonic, model dont know.

Usually the model # and specification will be aval on the backside of the speaker.. If all the speakers are 8 /6 Ohms, you need not get an HTIB...

You can reuse the speakers and get an AVR alone, probably need to buy a subwoofer if you existing one is passive...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back