Using apple devices as network media controllers

Vivek Rao

I am frequently playing music from my iPod touch thro my marantz CD 6003 and use it's DAC for playing music. For quite some time I have always had the problem, that to know what was playing at any given time, I had to strain to see the CD player display. Also to change albums one has to get up and go twiddle the iPod touch. I then came across this useful app - Tango Remote. It's a paid app but well worth it. So now I lock my 64 gb iPod touch to my CD player and use my iPhone or iPad thro this app to control the iPod touch - Bliss! You can freely make any device the media player and any the remote. Of course it works on my home wifi.

I am happy as I avoided one more investment into a network media player and the fact that I could use my old apple gadgets effectively. On the flip side - at any given time my choice is restricted to the memory capacity of the apple device which is the media player..but I am ok with this for now...

great thinking..

try apple airplay as well..it works equally well..many marantz/denon have inbuilt airplay and use device as dac..

rohit

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back