Using Norge 2060 as preamp

Only pre out lets you use volume control, aux out does not. So, not a practical proposition.
https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=rec out as pre out

Thanks for pointing. If I remember correctly then REC OUT was connected from source selector with simple resistance. You will miss volume control. Just open and check using multimeter.
Select any input and measure resistance between central wire of RCA that input and REC OUT. it is constant at any volume level, you got result.

Thanks for pointing. If I remember correctly then REC OUT was connected from source selector with simple resistance. You will miss volume control. Just open and check using multimeter.
Select any input and measure resistance between central wire of RCA that input and REC OUT. it is constant at any volume level, you got result.

In that case can i use my Dac for volume control,
but the treble, Bass, and balance knob of the preamp
will work or not

Last edited:
Can you upload picture of that input socket from inside?
Upload to any site and post a link here. We can see. I don't remember now. (But I will remember after seeing it - "RCA out was from input or speaker binding post"?)

Will aux out be same as preout? Usually aux out do not have volume control effect I guess.

Aux can not be same as pre out. But it depends on implementer if they want to give processed sample or raw. In Norge I remember one resistance in each channel for out but from where its connected that I forgot.

Norge 1000 has stereo preout for subwoofer that I remember.Not sure of 2060.If not ,then risky to pair poweramp without volume control.
@Alitaher2009- You can check that auxiliary line with headphone and see if volume pot works.

"i want to use Norge 2060 as preamp for my qaud power"

Dear OP,
I dont have the answer to your specific query :) but a possible suggestion which I feel obliged to make.

If you are doing this for experimental purpose then fine, but if you are pairing with a Quad power amp which I believe should be a good one then you might also have one more good option at your disposal that of a very well recieved preamp form the DIY stable. (Please do read about the DCB1)

Why am I suggesting?
I have heard a combo of norge pre with norge power of a close friend of mine. It sound very nice.
But when he connected the pre with Pass B1 pre then the sound was much better (without beating behing the bush, I can be candid enough to say that if it benefits your listening pleasure :) )
Based on my that experience I believe you should get much better results if you do explore this option. Note that DCB1 is considered more transparent and better that the Pass B1.

Please treat this as just a humble suggestion based on my listening experience. Please use at your discretion :)

Happy listening!
cheers!
Rohit

Having said this you should still go ahead and explore the Norge option as well because audio is a very "Funny" hobby you never know how you might get surprised! :)

Best luck! Keep us updated.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back