Using Paypal in India

If you are sure that your CC had sufficient funds at that time, try again. if it still does not work, contact PayPal with your problem.

You need NOT have any funds in your PayPal account to make this transaction.

Thank you all for your swift replys. I have 2 questions.

1) How dO I transfer money from my card to my payal account?

2) Reju, I have 0 Rs in my credit card but i have 30,000Rs credit Limit and i have not reached that yet. I use this creditcard online all the time and get away with it.

Do I need to put some money in my creditcard account now?:mad:

Thank you all!

Thank you all for your swift replys. I have 2 questions.

1) How dO I transfer money from my card to my payal account?

2) Reju, I have 0 Rs in my credit card but i have 30,000Rs credit Limit and i have not reached that yet. I use this creditcard online all the time and get away with it.

Do I need to put some money in my creditcard account now?:mad:

Thank you all!

As I have already mentioned you do NOT need have any money in your PayPal account to make payment. It automatically charges the CC you have registered in that account. And you need not add any funds into your CC account if sufficient credit limit already exists.

You cannot transfer money from same CC into your own PayPal account.
But you can do it vice versa to withdraw funds from PayPal a/c into your CC. But there will be charges for same.

You can receive funds into your PayPal account if another person sends money to our account from his PayPal account. Alternatively if you have another PayPal account with another CC, you can send funds from one PayPal a/c to other.

So solve your basic problem of being unable to make payment through PayPal, contact their helpdesk/ FAQ or even your CC bank.

Called them...they say its a problem they are facing, nothing wrong with my credit card and they cant help me.They suggest i try buying from someone else.:mad:

Can anybody confirm ,buying online & getting delivery at chennai can help in cancling the custom charges?

Called them...they say its a problem they are facing, nothing wrong with my credit card and they cant help me.They suggest i try buying from someone else.:mad:

this is an issue if you've tried buying through paypal before a month passes. it is a system check to safeguard against theft. cos normally you activate your account via a code sent to you in your monthly bill when you register for paypal. paypal keeps about a month as a safe period for this. try about a month after date of registering you ought to face no issues. they cannot override the system to help you on this issue you just have to wait :)

regards

Can anybody confirm ,buying online & getting delivery at chennai can help in cancling the custom charges?

You mean goods arriving in Chennai will not have any customs duties?
How's this possible? There may have been some cases when customs duties have been inadvertently not charged. This may have happened in other Indian ports too. We cannot make a rule out of this. Chennai is not Dubai.:)

Last edited:
You mean goods arriving in Chennai will not have any customs duties?
How's is this possible? There may have been some cases when customs duties have been inadvertently not charged. This may have happened in other Indian ports too. We cannot make a rule out of this. Chennai is not Dubai.:)

OK, one member got Onk876 in cheenai without customs.
I dont know if he carried himself or got online(he mentioned shipping though)

I had tough time to release a used Binoculars sent by my friend from US. Every package is opened for inspection except for cd's & dvd's. Even gift items are not spared.

Anil

OK, one member got Onk876 in cheenai without customs.
I dont know if he carried himself or got online(he mentioned shipping though)

No, he bought it officially in Chennai. Shipping was for PCH. He didn't have to pay customs on that one.

How is this possible?I remember few members saying that customs are very low in Chennai & this case "0":licklips:

Customs department is not state level. It comes under Central Board of Excise & Customs. So uniform rules across the country. Don't be mislead or be under wrong assumptions.

I got notification from Paypal-

"In order to comply with the RBI Guidelines, our user agreement in India will be amended for the following services as follows:

1: Any balance in and all future payments into your PayPal account may not be used to buy goods or services and must be transferred to your bank account in India within 7 days from the receipt of confirmation from the buyer in respect of the goods or services; and

2: Export-related payments for goods and services into your PayPal account may not exceed US$500 per transaction.
We seek your understanding as we continue to employ our best efforts to comply with the RBI Guidelines in a timely manner. "

So rules changed.

Last edited:
I think most of us use paypal for Ebay and other online stores and i think the change of rule does not effect us.

We just have to maintain Zero balance in paypal account and that's it .....

Hi,

I keep getting this reminders from PAYPAL. Is this step necessary ?

"We emailed you a little while ago to ask for your help resolving an issue
with your PayPal Account. Your account is still limited because we haven't
heard from you.

We understand it may be frustrating to not have full access to your PayPal
Account. We want to work with you to get your account back to normal as
quickly as possible.

What's the problem?

You need to add your PAN, Purpose Code and bank account, and confirm your
email address to receive payments as required by Indian regulations.

Reference number: XX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

How can you help?

Here's what you need to do to start receiving payments:

1. Log in to your PayPal Account.
2. Click Complete tasks.
3. Follow the instructions.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal"

Can someone guide me.

I have made one successful payment using PAYPAL.

Is this required for refund ?

Can some one please explain ?

Thanks in Advance,
Sai

For refunds of your orders you do not require to give these details. But like any other seller if you would like to receive funds to your Paypal account then yes you need to fulfill all the details sought by Paypal as they are following the RBI rules/regulations laid down sometime back where you need to provide the PAN and bank account details. Refund of your order is not considered as payment received. But I think it would be a good idea to give all these details and verify the same in Paypal as it would definitely help you to receive any payments in future as this is a one time activity that you perform for any credits that you receive.

Thanks

I have been using paypal since 2007... but using it less during the last year or so. Many terms and conditions have changed over the years, especially for the Indian users.

I used my paypal for receipt of payments for services.

Initially, no details of account holder were required and money could be transferred by bank deposit/ cheque. And there was no restrictions on amount of money you can receive.

But during the last 3-4 years, Paypal has restricted many limitations which is good in a way. Now your account needs to be verified, even paypal people called me to verify verbally.

Paypal account is now directly attached to bank. Money/ income received in paypal account are now directly transferred to the bank account attached to it. The name in paypal account and bank account has to match. You need to give the bank codes and other details to paypal. Money received cannot be kept more than 1 day (i guess) in paypal account and after that it is automatically transferred to your bank account.

You cannot fund transfer between to Indian paypal account.

There is also a limitation of a certain amount you can receive per transaction.

For every income, you have to assign a professional code from the existing drop down menu.

Though I haven't purchased much using paypal, but it only works with credit card currently. Once you decide to pay via paypal, your credit card is charged directly which is already attached to the paypal account.

Opening a new paypal account has become kind of restricted as you need to provide lots of documentary evidences. And takes around 15 days time for first time verification.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back