USPS Priority Mail Woes

narcissus

My package left the US on the 27th of January and I'm yet to receive it. I'm told It's un trackable once it leaves US soil, anyone knows where I could inquire about it? I already visited the FPO at Ballard pier but they have no records of the way bill as it was an un registered package. It's almost 45 days, damn :(

My package left the US on the 27th of January and I'm yet to receive it. I'm told It's un trackable once it leaves US soil, anyone knows where I could inquire about it? I already visited the FPO at Ballard pier but they have no records of the way bill as it was an un registered package. It's almost 45 days, damn :(
Priority mail is not trackable, but orders below 20 USD are usually passed by customs without any duty/problem. Any parcel marked 'gift' will be scrutinized and a duty of 77% will be charged(new rule since Dec 2019). Most eCommerce vendors have a stipulated waiting time (45- 60 days) after which they will issue a refund. Am sure it will eventually come. I have been ordering from US/UK/Europe for 15+ years and lost only one parcel. One actually came after 5 months. I had already received a refund and informed the seller. They told me the parcel was insured and the postal service paid them so I could keep the parcel :p.

I think USPS delivery is handled in India by Indiapost and normally it can be tracked with the same tracking ID in Indiapost website. However, one of my parcel also got lost and Indiapost never had a record of it.

The OP had not registered the package. So am not sure if it’s trackable

Coincidence & on the same boat too! Mine left the UK on 28th of Jan as per the seller and haven't received it yet. As the value was around 13 GBP didn't opt for tracking. I don't think if there's any use to contact the local post office as they dispatch stuff diligently. I received my Walkman belts from Turntableneedles, US, recently, that was shipped on 21st Feb(no tracking).

Just one of those headaches pertaining to importing stuff!

Last edited:
My package consists of a PCB and matched FETS all worth 15$ (Declared value). I opted for 20$ shipping (which at that time felt like the right thing to do) as opposed to 57$ registered with tracking. Seriously, I hate importing anything here, after several experiences with EMS last year.

I assumed this would go smoother since it's the FPO at Ballard Pier, but clearly I was so wrong. It never occurred to me that Priority mail was untrackable.

My package consists of a PCB and matched FETS all worth 15$ (Declared value). I opted for 20$ shipping (which at that time felt like the right thing to do) as opposed to 57$ registered with tracking. Seriously, I hate importing anything here, after several experiences with EMS last year.

I assumed this would go smoother since it's the FPO at Ballard Pier, but clearly I was so wrong. It never occurred to me that Priority mail was untrackable.
Coincidence & on the same boat too! Mine left the UK on 28th of Jan as per the seller and haven't received it yet. As the value was around 13 GBP didn't opt for tracking. I don't think if there's any use to contact the local post office as they dispatch stuff diligently. I received my Walkman belts from Turntableneedles, US, recently, that was shipped on 21st Feb(no tracking).

Just one of those headaches pertaining to importing stuff!
I recieved 2 parcels one last month and another this month in under 12 days. Value of each was around 15 GBP

Don't worry it will delivered to you but need to wait 2-3 more week , its take more time when delivered by USPS mail, after arriving in India item will be delivered by local post office.

So pl wait.

Don't worry it will delivered to you but need to wait 2-3 more week , its take more time when delivered by USPS mail, after arriving in India item will be delivered by local post office.

So pl wait.
Thank you for the comforting words. I have had many packages shipped to me in the past via EMS, DHL, Fedex, USPS. Been importing lot of stuff. But this turned out to be different as there's no tracking and the package is in oblivion (God knows which City's PO). So now I have no option but "wait & watch" :)

Thank you for the comforting words. I have had many packages shipped to me in the past via EMS, DHL, Fedex, USPS. Been importing lot of stuff. But this turned out to be different as there's no tracking and the package is in oblivion (God knows which City's PO). So now I have no option but "wait & watch" :)

I also had similar experience once i bought a book costing $90 , it reached to me after 2 months , there were no tracking .

I also had similar experience once i bought a book costing $90 , it reached to me after 2 months , there were no tracking .
Well, I'm 15 days away from 2 Months, but I hope & pray I receive it soon. Im feeling positive now and a big thanks to everyone contributing to this thread, MUCH appreciated :) Cheerio

Last edited:
Even tracked packages from the US post are non-trackable once they leave the country. Apparently the Indian post and US post have no tie up for tracking, so any package sent from India to the US or vice versa cannot be tracked after the package leaves the country of origin.

Even tracked packages from the US post are non-trackable once they leave the country. Apparently the Indian post and US post have no tie up for tracking, so any package sent from India to the US or vice versa cannot be tracked after the package leaves the country of origin.
This is not true. USPS postal and India post provides facility to track packages across country. I had used many times and found no issues with tracking. Only packages with local tracking is not trackable once it exists origination country. From US non trackable USPS package tracking number starts LNXXXXXX.

For tracking international packages use the following website http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/IPSWeb_submit_aspx.htm

This is not true. USPS postal and India post provides facility to track packages across country. I had used many times and found no issues with tracking. Only packages with local tracking is not trackable once it exists origination country. From US non trackable USPS package tracking number starts LNXXXXXX.

For tracking international packages use the following website http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/IPSWeb_submit_aspx.htm
@Hassan Khani I am referring to items that have tracking/registration and as I mentioned it will show on the websites only till it exits the US and then it doesn't show till it reaches the person. I send a minimum of atleast 30-50 packages to the US every month (registered) and the complaint from customers is always they cant find their tracking route on the website. The packages have always reached, but the tracking never shows after it leaves India. It's the same when I receive packages from the US.

From a US customer last month...proof.png

@Hassan Khani I am referring to items that have tracking/registration and as I mentioned it will show on the websites only till it exits the US and then it doesn't show till it reaches the person. I send a minimum of atleast 30-50 packages to the US every month (registered) and the complaint from customers is always they cant find their tracking route on the website. The packages have always reached, but the tracking never shows after it leaves India. It's the same when I receive packages from the US.
I have imported multiple times and each time able to track using http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/IPSWeb_submit_aspx.htm Haven't tried tracking any export packages. Did you had same problem with import also?

If Strictly talking imports, I'd say That is incorrect, Registered packages can be tracked all the way until delivery... My unregistered package shipping cost was 18$ and for registered it was 57$. Prices at USPS have gone up considerably in the past 2-3years.

Does this link work? I had it bookmarked since 2017 on my iPad & used it often but somehow this time it's not working.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back