V-Guard DIGI 200

theraindew

Hi all,
I purchased a DIGI 200 and it got delivered to me yesterday. I connected my amp, SW, DTH and TV. It is working fine, but I just noticed that the fan doesn't work. Is it normal that it works only after the unit reaches certain temperature or should it just work all the time?

Hi all,
I purchased a DIGI 200 and it got delivered to me yesterday. I connected my amp, SW, DTH and TV. It is working fine, but I just noticed that the fan doesn't work. Is it normal that it works only after the unit reaches certain temperature or should it just work all the time?

Does it have a fan? I remember it does not have fan. My digi-200 is that white box, purchased 4 years back. I opened it one time to see what is inside. There was no fan. Only cooling was through ventilation holes.

Does it have a fan? I remember it does not have fan. My digi-200 is that white box, purchased 4 years back. I opened it one time to see what is inside. There was no fan. Only cooling was through ventilation holes.

Recently i'd purchased this item from flipkart. Their site shows that its weight is 8.3kg but received a 4.5kg item. Immediately returned the item to flipkart warehouse.
V-guard customer care executive called me and says that 'old model digi 200 items weight is 8.3kg but their latest digi200 weight is only 4.5kg, but no problem in the efficiency. Additional feature is new digi200 has a built in fan.

Thanks both. I spoke with their customer care and they have asked me to take it to their service center. This is the first time something purchased online is DOA.

My model of the Digi200 is also without fan.

I find it strange that the fan in the newer model is supposed to work only when transformer has already 'overheated' !

My model of the Digi200 is also without fan.

I find it strange that the fan in the newer model is supposed to work only when transformer has already 'overheated' !

You can see, newer models are half of the weight. Means now transformer is gone lighter. So IMO it's bound to get heated compared to older models which had heavier duty transformer than required.

I think what Shivam meant was that the fan should kick in earlier and prevent overheating rather than wait until it does...

You can see, newer models are half of the weight. Means now transformer is gone lighter. So IMO it's bound to get heated compared to older models which had heavier duty transformer than required.

I agree with the transformers getting lighter and lighter with every new model. This is one reason why I prefer older stabs compared to newer ones.

I think what Shivam meant was that the fan should kick in earlier and prevent overheating rather than wait until it does...

Thanks. This was exactly what I meant but omishra did point out a fact.

what about the lights? should it turn green or yellow, mine is showing yellow and the fan is not running too.

I never noticed those fans running.
I own 3 nos of V Guard DIGI 200 for my 2 HTSetup and Poweramp.
No issues

[emoji41]

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back