valve Radios and valves

Hi,
I am in the process of restoring a Philips 15RB708-00S.
I need help with two issues.
1. Where do source the tuning dial strings in India? I could locate one in Illinois[USA]. I shall resort to that if it is not available in India.

2. Do you have a picture of the front panel?

regards

Venu

I got mine ( I mean my Fathers), the same model, done through Mr.Abdul of Calicut. He did a wonderful job..

Gramophone Records Voice of Kerala, Oyitty road, Calicut, Kerala, India. Shop 0495 2721759 Mob. 09847229941.Gramophone Records.in

Dear Mr. Venu

It is not very difficult to get the dial cord. Many radio shops still keep them. I am having the same. Do you happen to come to Bangalore? If you come to Bangalore I can give it to you. As regards the front panel - Do you want the photo of the dial only or the complete radio. I have posted a photo of the set in this thread some times back. If you want to have the photo of the Dial then I will have to send.

Regards

P.Rajan

Hi Mr Rajan,
I do visit Bangalore often. Will let you know and contact you before I visit next time. Thank you

Venu

Dear Mr. Venu

It is not very difficult to get the dial cord. Many radio shops still keep them. I am having the same. Do you happen to come to Bangalore? If you come to Bangalore I can give it to you. As regards the front panel - Do you want the photo of the dial only or the complete radio. I have posted a photo of the set in this thread some times back. If you want to have the photo of the Dial then I will have to send.

Regards

P.Rajan

Hi,

The panels are looking fine. Its only the wood finish which has peeled off. A front view picture would help. Will look up the one you posted.

Venu

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sir

Can I have your contact Number..........

best regards
Bhandarkar Mumbai.
Cell 9920755910

Dear Sir

I have a PIONEER amplifier needing repairs in Mumbai... what ever it takes I want it restored can any one help...?
Bhandarkar

Dear Mr. Bhandarkar

It was so nice talking to you yesterday. I started this hobby of repairing old vintage radios from 1972. But the real restoration work was started from 1998.
you can see one of my restoration work in the thread Philips radio BX665X. Some of the radios which I have restored are also in this thread. Because of their high Quality I concentrated myself in the restoration work of only Philips radios. I have all the service manuals of these radios and you can do proper justice to the work.I do not work like a normal technician who used to work by trial and error method. I follow the Dutch principle of restoration. I do not carry out any changes and keep the circuit as original because we are not designers and the persons who designed these circuits must have been experts. I also have a radiogram of Philips which was purchased in 1965.
The pioneer amplifier which you have is it a tube amplifier? What is the model no?

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Pandu Rajan,

I am in the process of restoring one Murphy Valve receiver no. TAO-777. Will be thankful if you can give me schematic or service manual of the above model no. Please e-mail it to my email id [email protected].

Thanks

Dear Mr. Venkat

Your email ID is coming as invalid. You can talk to me on my mobile no 09342948692. I am based in Bangalore.

Regards

P.Rajan

Hi, Rajan, . I am from kolkata. At present do you have any very high quality (in terms of sensitivity & sound) Philips Bi-Ampli radios of Holland/India made, in perfect condition, for sale? I want to buy the same for my daily use......
Kindly let me know at your earliest ........

Dear Mr. Susapta

Thanks for your message. Normally I do the restoration as a hobby. I do not sell any radios. However if something comes up I shall let you know.

Regards

P.Rajan

13 yrs back I had a chance to pick a old Philips Radio gram "non working" condition in Mulund, Mumbai. It was with a very close family whom I knew. Rs 2000/- was quoted that time and in those days we were staying in a very small home in Nasik. I asked my Dad but due to the sheer size of the Radio Gram, my Dad said No. Moreover, moving that would have added another Rs 3000/- and repairing that another several thousands. Good decision that I did not pick and went ahead for my National Ekco A731. Its strong built, has good reception on SW. I am open for modifications in tube radios as long it improves the reception quality, sound quality compared to what it was when it was manufactured.
Edit:
Very nice and good quality restoration work undertaken by Mr P Rajan. Keep it up. One can see the efforts that Mr Rajan has put in restoring very old radios.

My National Ekco A731 dial string / thread / cord had elongated in length in 42 yrs thus causing slips. I had replaced it in Nasik Road from a TV mechanic in the year 2001. All it took him was some 30 to 40 minutes with cool mind. He handed over the radio over-the-counter. He also replaced the white reflector paper as it had become yellow.

I dont think that thread is very rare. Only the metallic tuning threads can be rear. I guess Mr Rajan knows one of the Philips set that used to have metallic tuning thread.

Dear Friends

I am a radio hobbyst and restore valve radios mostly Philips. I have around 15 radios both Holland and Indian make Philips. Many a times I am in need of different types of valves. I shall be grateful if somebody can tell me the source where I can get the valves. I am based in Bangalore.

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Rajan,

I am in the process of restoring one philips radio - 15rb 525/00z. I need IFT. D you have one. Also I have one murphy valve radio TAO 747 need main transformer and schematics. If you have can you mail to my mail id [email protected]. I am from Dombivli, mumbai

Thanks

Dear mr. Venkat

Thanks your message. At present I am in London. I will be returning to Bangalore on the 25th of this month. Then only I will be able to check. There are two IFTs in the radio. Both are not same. Which do you want? I do not have any schematic of the national Eco radio.

I am sorry that I thought you wanted schematic of national Ecco radio. Actually you want for the Murphy radio. I think I have the schematic of the the model you have mentioned. Again I will have to check up after I return to bangalore.

Some days back in one of your threads you had requested the service manual for the Murphy set TAO777. I tried to send the schematic but your mail ID was coming as invalid. Now you have asked for schematic of set TAO747. You want schematic for both the sets as both are different. In my reply I had given my telephone no also. You can contact me after 25th.

Regards

P.rajan

Dear Mr. Venkat

I have returned to Bangalore. I have the service manual for the Murphy radio set TAO 777. I do not have the service manual for the set TAO 747. But The service manual for the set TAO 774 is also available with me. Please let me know which you want?

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Mr. Venkat

I have returned to Bangalore. I have the service manual for the Murphy radio set TAO 777. I do not have the service manual for the set TAO 747. But The service manual for the set TAO 774 is also available with me. Please let me know which you want?

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Mr. Rajan.

Many thanks for yoru reply. Regarding Philips Valve radio 15RB525/00Z I need both the IFT. Regarding Murphy TAO-747 I need service manual.

Please email to my e-mail ID [email protected]. Also please give your telephone number, I would like to speak to you personally.

Many thanks for your reply & waiting for your early reply.

Regarding Philips Valve radio 15RB525/00Z I need both the IFT. Regarding Murphy TAO-747 I need service manual.

Please email to my e-mail ID [email protected]. Also please give your telephone number, I would like to speak to you personally.
Edit:
Many thanks for your reply & waiting for your early reply. Please note that I have not received any e-mail from you.

Thanks

S.Venkat

I am a 68 year old man, doing restoration work of Valve Radios and Valve Amplifiers. I need IFTs for Valve Radios. Can anyone help me out?

Hello people
I m looking for some information regarding telerad FM radio and its parts or guide. If anyone has any links regarding telerad FM radio please share with me.

Thank you

Dear Friends

I am a radio hobbyst and restore valve radios mostly Philips. I have around 15 radios both Holland and Indian make Philips. Many a times I am in need of different types of valves. I shall be grateful if somebody can tell me the source where I can get the valves. I am based in Bangalore.

Regards

P.Rajan

Dear Mr Rajan,
i am restoring a India made Philips B4CA65U valve radio. i found that the ferrite core of the IFTs were loose as the plastic holding the ferrite cores were all deteriorated and crumpled. as a result the IFTs were out of tune. can u help me in finding replacement IFTs? Both the IFts are marked A3127 72.
thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back