Valve Radios

HI All, I am very New to this forum, I need HELP, I have a Old Philips India, made Tube Radio, few months ago Radio stopped singing and receiving Signals, All stations produce only Humming, still dial lights are on and all Tubes are Lighting, I found a repairer and he said that its Oscillator Tubes ECH81 & PCF802 are not working & should be replaced, Both are BEL make, I searched on Internet for Tubes and found some on ebay and told to repairer, He said those will not work, I do'nt understand Why whether those are same No.
Help me to found the Tubes...Please. or Tell me how the same numbers Tubes of different makers and from different country work for my Radio.
Dear Mr. Abhimanyu

I think PCF802 valve was never used in Philips radio set. The normal series used to be ECH81,EF89,EBC81,EL84,EZ80 and EM84. Which is the model no of the radio set?

Regards

P.Rajan

HI All, I am very New to this forum, I need HELP, I have a Old Philips India, made Tube Radio, few months ago Radio stopped singing and receiving Signals, All stations produce only Humming, still dial lights are on and all Tubes are Lighting, I found a repairer and he said that its Oscillator Tubes ECH81 & PCF802 are not working & should be replaced, Both are BEL make, I searched on Internet for Tubes and found some on ebay and told to repairer, He said those will not work, I do'nt understand Why whether those are same No.
Help me to found the Tubes...Please. or Tell me how the same numbers Tubes of different makers and from different country work for my

Help me to found the Tubes...Please. or Tell me how the same numbers Tubes of different makers and from different country work for my Radio.

Valve radios, also known as vacuum tube radios, hold a nostalgic charm and historical significance in the world of electronics. These radios were widely used before the advent of solid-state technology. The warm sound produced by the vacuum tubes adds a unique character to the listening experience. Collectors and enthusiasts appreciate the craftsmanship and design of vintage valve radios, often restoring them to their former glory. While modern technology has largely replaced valve radios, they hold a special place in the hearts of those who appreciate the beauty of analog technology. Exploring the world of valve radios can be a fascinating journey into the early days of broadcasting and electronics.

Back