Venkat, what are your sleeping hours?

We probably did that to maximize the chances of our survival and our efficiency, mainly because we are primarily visual creatures, and as a result, diurnal (or vice-versa!).
Yes, but remember that there are many nocturnal creatures too! EDIT... oh, "or vice versa. Right :)

I argue that sunlight still plays only a minor role today as we still end up using artificial light heavily.
Hmm, that could be an argument for me to get out more, but...
...Waking up at 5am, breakfast at 6, lunch at 12, dinner at 7, and sleep at 9pm is exactly as healthy as waking up at 9am, breakfast at 10am, lunch at 3pm, dinner at 10pm, and sleep at 1am. In that sense, having an erratic pattern is much more unhealthy than the actual times of our cycle.
Couldn't agree more! With me it is more like going to bed at 4.00 or 5.00, and getting up between 10.00 and 12.00. Thing is, that, all my life, when there hasn't been school or work to impose their hours on me, I have drifted into this nocturnal cycle. Occasionally, I meet my wife getting up as I go to bed!

Moderating a busy forum, though, as I discovered elsewhere, is certainly something that one can loose a lot of sleep over. Somehow, the dramas seem to break out just as you are going to bed. ...and when all the other mods did so long ago.

A one of the Chennai members, I have met Venkat a few times, and I can assure you that he is <THIS SECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED BY A MODERATOR>

;) :lol:

Just curious to know, what was the line moderator deleted.
Thad is just being witty and trying to continue the suspense about Venkat's age, whether he is a student, what he does etc.

Clue: Chennai Members and Bangalore Members have met him

I have seen his photo somewhere in this forum. I remembe one taken & posted here after a bangalore/chennai hifi meet. But I'd refrain from posting here my impression on his age !!
I dont know what is going on in Venkats mind now... might be blushing now...
Venkat, dont think of closing this thread :) that would be a misuse of your powers. ;)

Venkat, dont think of closing this thread :) that would be a misuse of your powers. ;)

Ha ha ha ha. :) :eek:hyeah:. And I swear I did not edit Thad's post. You guys are welcome to say anything you want about me as long as people don't get into fights.

Cheers

KK Sunil:

Venkat and I are contemporaries-does that make me young or him old?:eek:hyeah:

His son and mine went to the same college around the same time. Yes, you would have spotted some photos of him( and Suri and Santhosh and some others) at the Bangalore G 20 Music Summit at my house in January.

George

Yes George, I saw it again - the photos of january blr summit. Actually it is difficult to guage Venkat's age from his pics. so your question -
your questions does that make me young or him old?
is very valid. i myself is very confused now....

Ok let us throw it to other people in the forum, here is Venkat presenting
1venket.jpg

- sunil

Can some one pls tag the others in the pic???

:D, I always thought Venkat looked like a phabhakaran :D / Pls take no offence Venkat!!!

Last edited:
A Hero talking is Venkat sir.
When I saw 1st photo posted by Murli,he was not looking as fair as in the above photo(may be photo with bad exposure ),but now this confirms, he looks a Hero & presents/guides like hero.

@Denom- I have few links.-
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/8161-2nd-chennai-hfv-meet-21.html
http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/7299-chennai-hfv-meet-1-6-dec-2009-a-3.html

I have just copy pasted & if it occupies more space,will delete it.

I am showing the photos in the order in which they were taken.

dsc0143f.jpg

Srini, Bala (TheVortex) and Venkat discussing installation requirements watched by Mr. Suryanarayanan, Sub, Gruby, Jeeva, and Redd

dsc0145wa.jpg

Jeeva, Sub, TheVortex, Gruby, Venkat, and a guest.

dsc0146c.jpg

Jeeva, Anu, Redd, Gruby, Venkat, TheVortex, Sridhar, and Srikarkav's son.

dsc0147ev.jpg

TheVortex, Murali, and Venkat discussing a point.

dsc0148.jpg

Venkat and TheVortex installing the equipment watched by Jeeva, Sub, Sridhar, and Murali,

dsc0151s.jpg

The Audire speakers, TheVortex's HTPC, Arcam FMJ Amp, Stanton TT, and the Oppo 983 riding atop the DacMagic.

dsc0152qw.jpg

Jeeva, Sub, Gruby, Redd, Srikarkav's son, TheVortex, Sridhar, and Murali admiring the equipment and getting ready to listen.

dsc0153v.jpg

The Audire IO2s

dsc0154lu.jpg

Venkat and TheVortex testing the connections with help from Redd and Jeeva

dsc0157fh.jpg

Sridhar and Capt. Rajesh discussing a point watched by others.

dsc0158c.jpg

Thad and TheVortex discussing a point.

dsc0161b.jpg

Jeeva and Sridhar trying out the name tags.

dsc0162su.jpg

People having tea and getting ready to settle down to listen.

dsc0166o.jpg

TheVortex and Murali discussing what tracks to play.

dsc0167b.jpg

A listening session.

dsc0168i.jpg

Another listening session

dsc0171v.jpg

TheVortex and others discussing music to be played.

dsc0172rx.jpg

Start of the blind listening session. Capt. Rajesh and Gruby being gleeful they were not being blindfolded, while poor Venkat dutifully ties his blindfold. Why do the others have such a smile on their faces? :)

Last edited:
Start of the blind listening session. Capt. Rajesh and Gruby being gleeful they were not being blindfolded, while poor Venkat dutifully ties his blindfold. Why do the others have such a smile on their faces? :)

Nice reminder of the meet. Next time we should try ear plugs as well to remove bias and prejudices about "golden ears" :)

Cheers

So spiro, when do we have a mumbai meet no.2 ???

Inspired ha?Well we will plan next one for HT products.
Vinay has offered his place for that .He has already a good HT setup.:clapping:
Hemant is ready to get his Onkyo 606.I can get Tannoy F1 & centre.
The only thing we need is BDp.:rolleyes:
This may take time & then rain will come.Lets see,I will inform when planned.

And a reminder to MBR to kick start Chennai HFV meet no 3. :)

Cheers

It would be fantastic if the meet can happen by 19th / 20th June or on 26th June! I will be in Chennai during those weekends and would love to attend the HFV meet in person. Can you guys please consider my request and plan for a meet around this time?

Hi guys,

Venkatcr has not been online since 27th May - that's close to a week now. Though I am a recent member, ever since I signed up to HFV, I have seen him online for almost everyday. Not sure if he is traveling, but would someone from Chennai check and make sure everything's ok?

Regards,
thekinge

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back