Vertical lines on my Optoma HD20

Folks I seem to have solved the problem - at least for now. I called the Optoma service center and explained the problem and that it was an on and off recurrence. He suspected a color wheel problem. I dismounted the PJ and heard some strange noise like a loose screw going around in the PJ... I suppose it was touching the color wheel and causing the problem. I tilted the PJ around till I heard no noise and reconnected the PJ and voila! no vertical lines!
I know I need to someday open the PJ at the service center and remove this foreign object but for now the problem is gone
I also managed to calibrate the PJ with settings I picked up on projectorreviews.com and the PJ is performing brilliantly for the money!

Here you go guys:
VV PURAM BANGALORE / Digicomp Complete Solutions Ltd #53/58,Sri Chakravarthi Complex Sajjan Rao Circle,V.V. Puram Bangalore-560004
TEL?+9880046285
Contact?Mr.Prashanth
[email protected]
INDIA

The website is ::: Welcome to Optoma Asia :::

I had the same problem last night, I tried adjusting the projector and the lines showed up. I of course freaked out. I took it down and also heard a rattling of some kind. I opened it up, took the lamp out but didn't see anything. I put the lamp back in and put it back together, have it a shake and didn't hear anymore rattle. Turned it on and the lines were gone. Hope it was just a fluke. I won't be attempting to adjust it while it's on anymore. Did you ever have anymore trouble with the lines? I read some people saying it was a DMD chip thing but I dunno.

heard a similar problem in another forum for hd 33..lines coming..Finally problem solved once the projector has been reset!!
Perhaps one can also give a shot on hd 20 also.

due to weather change some roaches coughed near LCD/dlp chip inside the pJ:p,
once it dries out all will b good

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back