Very effective & non intrusive antivirus for desktop/laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The freeware is a one trick pony... antivirus only.

The paid version promises also to clean yr PC of rubbish, clean registry, update all installed programs n probably do the dishes in yr kitchen too :) :)
Free antivirus which has free updates time to time does good job. With total securities, firewall also added. Bit defender has good free antivirus. There total security is next level and blocks unwanted outside connections which notified as popup for few seconds. Had used other antivirus ,but system used to crash in few months . With Bidefender its smooth.

Kaspersky security cloud - free version - silent, light on system resources and does it job well.
Thank you. We have been using the paid Kaspersky version for years but this time wanted to go for some other AV due to popups & system slowdown.

Dear friends, thanks a lot for all the suggestions & advice. I have a fair idea about which AV to go for. Can the Mod's kindly close this thread. Thank you.

Thank you. We have been using the paid Kaspersky version for years but this time wanted to go for some other AV due to popups & system slowdown.
Great. I will keep a closer watch on Kaspersky when I experience a system slow down. I was using bitdefender and mcafee paid version (came pre-installed) and found both to be good too.
Just to share my experience of nearly 8 months so far with Kaspersky security cloud (free version): I have not seen any intrusive pop-ups so far except when there is no network connectivity leading to update failure. I do get multiple warnings when there is some malware in a page I'm trying to visit. Did not experience any system slow down either - most of the time its footprint is less than 50mb memory and very low cpu load(<1% for most part with some spikes up to 5%).

Last edited:
Great. I will keep a closer watch on Kaspersky when I experience a system slow down. I was using bitdefender and mcafee paid version (came pre-installed) and found both to be good too.
Just to share my experience of nearly 8 months so far with Kaspersky security cloud (free version): I have not seen any intrusive pop-ups so far except when there is no network connectivity leading to update failure. I do get multiple warnings when there is some malware in a page I'm trying to visit. Did not experience any system slow down either - most of the time its footprint is less than 50mb memory and very low cpu load(<1% for most part with some spikes up to 5%).
I guess, the popups may come up later after few years of usage. I am planning to try Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back