Video quality of New tv with Airtel stb

nel

i am having a onida KY650 and an Airtel dth stb not an HD one but the PQ is too good i mean the deep black as if the tv is in off condition in that part where it is black the PQ is best, compaired to a TS STB in TS you can see the tv mesh like structure but in Airtel it is smooth if you see the skin. But my tv is having an HT cable problem it give a spark and sound when i start the tv and after some time it goes off i was told that it is because of moisture i had replaced it 2 years back and now i fill that i will again have to replace it so i want your best opinion on this i am planning to buy a new LG 26LE5300 LED LCD tv but my Airtel has only the AV in ( 3 port) but it is an MPEG 4 DVB/S2 so i would like to know what will be the PQ will it be better then the Onida tv (CRT) also if the PQ will be still better if i get the HD STB of the Airtel as it has the component video i would also like to know what is the PQ of the Indian programme telecast as i watch the times now news and NDTV channel and sony, star one etc. is it worth going in for HD Airtel STB or carry on with the old stb with the LED LCD tv.
awaiting for your opinion.
thanks.
Nel

u can never compare crt PQ with that od an lcd.. as both of them work on diff platform.

also crt will be lot better with the normal dth services we use here.

and yes u can use the same stb with any lcd,plasma or nethin using the three colour coded cables. but do not expect superb quality like crt unless its HD

thanks theironhorse for the reply but i wanted to only know wheather it will be better or worst
thanks

Without a doubt the PQ will be best with an LCD+Airtel HD (but only for the HD channels!) Then you can also connect the Airtel HD and your LCD TV with an HDMI cable, which is best for PQ and also sound quality.

Back