Videocon d2h offers 'Asli HD'

niv

Videocon d2h offers 'Asli HD' - The Times of India

Interesting one, wanted to share:

MUMBAI: Videocon d2h, the fastest growing DTH service provider in India, is offering the highest number of 'Asli HD' channels on its platform. Broadcast in 1080i format, the 12 Asli HD channels offer crystal-clear digital picture and sound quality. The Asli HD channels are superior to the digitally modified upscaled channels other DTH service providers offer as high definition channels, a company statement said. The Asli HD channels available on Videocon d2h are 24-hour advertisement-free Star Plus HD, Star World HD, Star Cricket HD, ESPN HD, Star Movies HD, Star Gold HD, Movies Now HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic HD, Travel XP HD, Active Music HD, Active 3D Channel.

Saurabh Dhoot, director, Videocon group, said, "We at Videocon d2h believe in giving our viewers the finest video and audio quality by transforming their television viewing experience. With the Asli HD channels, Videocon d2h takes viewer into different world and makes him feel special."

Anil Khera, CEO, Videocon d2h, said, "Videocon d2h believes in offering their customers the most premium content, and by introducing 12 Asli HD channels & services we have fulfilled our promise of giving more than expected."

Do you have Videocon D2H installed? Can you share some points regarding the picture quality/sound quality of the transmission.

I have Videocon SD DTH. I got a promotional message from Videocon yesterday to return my SD DTH & upgrade to HD DTH and they return 1,000 Rs for old STB. Not very sure how much the HD DTH costs & the monthly rental including all their "Asli" HD Channels. Will enquire with their CC support team and update in a while...

Any one here who has been already using the HD service from Videocon ? Plz share your views on Picture quality & Audio quality ?

I have Videocon SD DTH. I got a promotional message from Videocon yesterday to return my SD DTH & upgrade to HD DTH and they return 1,000 Rs for old STB. Not very sure how much the HD DTH costs & the monthly rental including all their "Asli" HD Channels. Will enquire with their CC support team and update in a while...

Any one here who has been already using the HD service from Videocon ? Plz share your views on Picture quality & Audio quality ?

How is SD quality compared to Tata Sky?

I believe, Tata Sky has both Composite & Component video connection on its SD STB. Videocon has only Composite Video. When i connect that to my Panasonic LCD, it displays the video received as 480i. It is good i would say.

As far as the English movies channel, all of them look better than the regional channels. Sound quality is equally good on these channels & particularly Sony Pix is excellent from other channels.

PS : I have currently subscribed to South Diamond pack.

I believe, Tata Sky has both Composite & Component video connection on its SD STB. Videocon has only Composite Video. When i connect that to my Panasonic LCD, it displays the video received as 480i. It is good i would say.

As far as the English movies channel, all of them look better than the regional channels. Sound quality is equally good on these channels & particularly Sony Pix is excellent from other channels.

PS : I have currently subscribed to South Diamond pack.
I believe output should be 576i (PAL equivalent) and not 480i (NTSC).

Can we opt for rest of India packs in South?

Does anybody who has d2H HD post their impressions regarding the PQ of SD and HD channels. Further would also like some impressions of the sound quality / and whether sound is with DRC or not / 5.1 DD sound or not for the HD channels .

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Can it play DD audio on hd channels with out a coaxial cable ? So far I have not seen even one single box from any provider capable of doing it. I wonder why :rolleyes: ?

Videocon d2h offers 'Asli HD' - The Times of India

Interesting one, wanted to share:

MUMBAI: Videocon d2h, the fastest growing DTH service provider in India, is offering the highest number of 'Asli HD' channels on its platform. Broadcast in 1080i format, the 12 Asli HD channels offer crystal-clear digital picture and sound quality. The Asli HD channels are superior to the digitally modified upscaled channels other DTH service providers offer as high definition channels, a company statement said. The Asli HD channels available on Videocon d2h are 24-hour advertisement-free Star Plus HD, Star World HD, Star Cricket HD, ESPN HD, Star Movies HD, Star Gold HD, Movies Now HD, Discovery HD, National Geographic HD, Travel XP HD, Active Music HD, Active 3D Channel.

Saurabh Dhoot, director, Videocon group, said, "We at Videocon d2h believe in giving our viewers the finest video and audio quality by transforming their television viewing experience. With the Asli HD channels, Videocon d2h takes viewer into different world and makes him feel special."

Anil Khera, CEO, Videocon d2h, said, "Videocon d2h believes in offering their customers the most premium content, and by introducing 12 Asli HD channels & services we have fulfilled our promise of giving more than expected."
does box is with 7.1 audio or 5.1 audio. Because nothing was mentioned in the Print AD and nothing is mentioned on their website regarding audio.

can D2H owners tell us what exactly is being shown on the Active HD 3D channel ? And has anyone tried it with a 3D tv ? How's it ?

Thanks

I have the d2h HD DVR.
Video output is 1080i
I need to check the audio. I am using the HDMI cable.
The HD channels are excellent quality esp the Sports channels which are what I usually watch.
I will get back about the audio.

I bought d2h HD today. HD channels are treat to watch. When i connected coax output to my AVR ( HK 330), it shows PCM 48khz. I assume that HD channels are not in 5.1 format. Bit disappointed.

@garfield does HDMI supports 5.1? did u test it on HD channels?

@rana_kirti - they are showing some japaneses magic channel in 3D. Same video is shown in two halves of the tv screen. I dont have a 3D TV. So cant say much on 3D.

Videocon D2H leads the pack with maximum number of real HD channels. Check ads in today's newspapers. Well designed campaign.

Back