Videocon RF STB Upgrade

timuseravan

I hav the old black HD STB with IR remote. Videocon is running an offer right to upgrade to the RF STB for just 999/-

Is the RF STB faster than the old one? Or is it the same pathetically slow?

I feel that it is slightly better but you still occasionally freezes and the remote becomes unresponsive. The RF remote is good and responsive. It is sleek and small compared to the old box but it is so light in weight that with the cable attached it wobbles/moves around ;)

Is the box faster in terms of changing channels? Or opening menu etc?

It is definitely better than the old oval shaped stb but still not slick or fast enough to use. I've used only TS before so can't comment on the other providers. TS still offers the most intuitive and faster interface between the two. It is totally worth the upgrade. The rf remote means the unit can be kept completely out of sight. The remote buttons don't require too much effort to operate. Please note there is an out board power supply box, quite like a wall wart except that it has a wire running from it to a plug. The stb and this outboard power box have wall mount provision by means of screw head slots behind.

I have faced occasional audio loss issues when flipping channels and it required a reboot.

I have the RF model STB. I don't know how was the old HTB response, however it's slow as hell compared to my Tata Sky STB. Sometimes, the STB won't respond to remote commands. Changing channels is OK type, but menu performance is too slow.

Sometimes, the STB won't respond to remote commands. Changing channels is OK type, but menu performance is too slow.
AYlgpr

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back